Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bluedogone, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441807 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#58832 - 04/11/04 01:37 PM Re: Regarding "Nao"
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

I COULD JUST SPIT!!!!

I have nothing to add to the comments of my Sisters EXCEPT: let's keep our eyes open for the "publication" of this piece of trash & make DAMN sure it gets exposed for what it is!

Knowing the little that I do about the publishing world, the Little Idjet doesn't have much of a chance anyway.

BLECH!

#58833 - 04/11/04 09:42 PM Re: Regarding "Nao"
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
So-Cal Marc,

Your kind words have made my day.

#58834 - 04/11/04 10:12 PM Re: Regarding "Nao"
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
You all are the finest people I've ever "met" and I NEVER thought of you being the same as this bitch! Not a word I like to toss around with you guys, but that's what she is.

She is also dead to me.

But you, my wonderful sisters, supporters, and family members, aren't. You are one of the two reasons I keep coming back here.

Never doubt what you mean to the brothers. Or to me personally. Sammy, Lynn, Caro, SAR, Jenesha (sorry that I still haven't gotten the knack of your name. Forgive me? :rolleyes: ), the list goes on.

I have no doubts about you. I trust you all and I LOVE you all.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#58835 - 04/12/04 12:22 AM Re: Regarding "Nao"
doctorfrau Offline

Loc: West Virginia (NOT western Vir...
Hello all,

I haven't been back here for awhile, and just popped in this evening. Having just reviewed the posts on what's been going on, I have to say that this is OUTRAGEOUS!

I cannot believe that someone who professes to have been abused herself could possibly think that it was Ok to defraud and mislead fellow survivors.

I seriously think that she should be turned into the appropriate ISP people, or the FCC for phone fraud or whatever way she can be pursued. This is not some teenager playing games with people for kicks - this is someone who intended to PROFIT from the information and personal stories that you all offered to her! She wants to make MONEY off of your suffering! And she as much as said that she would do it again.

This is not investigative journalism, this is emotional manipulation for PERSONAL GAIN, and I think it is despicable!

#58836 - 04/14/04 10:37 AM Re: Regarding "Nao"
wifenneed Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Heather you said: "Part of the reason for the novel is to let people know that male sexual abuse does exist and when a boy experiences
that, it can have devastating effects."

NO KIDDING!!!! I'm so angry over this abuse of trust to this board and everyone in it,and your impersonation. This is an out right lie and you are a liar.

Thank you to this board for investigating and finding the truth. Heather you have no idea the kind of harm you can cause people. Get a clue and be honest and forthright.

#58837 - 04/14/04 02:18 PM Re: Regarding "Nao"
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Lloydy:
I would however like to thank everyone for showing there usual unconditional support towards "Nao" - It's something that we should all feel proud of doing, even if we have been betrayed.

I agree!

While I can blow this off to "net pranks" (hey with such an anonymous medium such as the 'net there's bound to be a few cranks from time to time) I never realized how, and how much this kind of stuff could hurt survivors...

I think instead of anger I feel more pity for this person.. as a partner of a survivor I know full well that even for the friends and families, dealing with this issue can be hell on earth from time to time...why anyone would feel compelled to ant to bring this on to their life when they dont already have it in their life is f***ing twisted if you ask me. Someone's got to be pretty hurting to make that shit up for that long.

PAS

#58838 - 04/15/04 12:49 AM Re: Regarding "Nao"
gryffindor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
Originally posted by doctorfrau:

--this is someone who intended to PROFIT from the information and personal stories that you all offered to her! She wants to make MONEY off of your suffering!

I have also been thinking along these lines. I wonder just how much of "Heather" darling's novel will be plagerized from postings here at MS. There are some gifted writers here.

Now that I've recovered from my sadness and anger, the arrogance of Miss "Heather's" patronizing effort to do everyone here a favor by publicizing male sexual abuse in her first (she imagines) best-selling novel makes me laugh. What a twirp. She thinks no one knows that boys are SAed. So she's going to tell the world about it in detail no doubt. I began to have doubts about "Nao" when he went over to his perp's house to try and get him to confess. Then while reading the rape scene more skepticism set in. This didn't sound like a 14 year-old boy to me. There was too much detail. Someone took too much pleasure in writing that scene. The part about the perp taking pictures for the very first time and thereby incriminating himself was a little too neat. But, you know, it could be true. It would have been unforgiveable for me to have expressed any doubts. If this site is going to work, we have to accept each other's posts as true no matter how incredible they may seem to us. Ninety-nine point nine percent of the people who come here are genuine. We can't let the one-tenth of one percent who aren't ruin our confidence and trust in each other's sincerity and reality. So let's bury this corpse, but keep our eyes peeled for this "novel" even if we have to wait a few years.

Mary

"Had I not fallen, I could not have arisen; had I not sat in darkness, I would not have recognized the light." Midrash Tehillim Ch. 22

#58839 - 04/15/04 07:48 PM Re: Regarding "Nao"
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
This is the last thing I'm going to write about this subject, because this hag is truly dead to me.

Mary, yes, I agree, let's bury the corpse. But I do have my eyes out on other web sites, and since I do know a thing or two about writing, if I suspect she's running the game agin, I will STOMP DOWN ON THAT HAG WITH ALL THE POWER I CAN.

She thinks she's going to be the new "Messiah" for male abuse? Well, let her. Just let me be the one who pounds in the nails!

Peace and love to all my genuine brothers and sisters. no hatred for you guys from me. Just love.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#58840 - 04/15/04 10:31 PM Re: Regarding "Nao"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didnt undertand why everyone was asking so many questins when I first came on here, kinda accusing me almost of lying I thought, I was so offended I almost left the site, but I came right in the middle of this NAO thing. I see know why all you survivors must be pissed and now going to be hard to trust new people on your website, but its gonna be hard, but most of them actually do need help, so try to give them the benefit, we dont want to not help someone who needs it incase we just suspect something awkward, they may really really need the help. What that girl did blows my mind away, Is she going to court, how can she do that, I wont date do that, but not hard to publicly humiliate her, do you know her first and last name??? that way it will be easier to keep up to whether she is got a book published or not. I will keep my eyes open for if any book, but cant she be sued to prevent her from writing the book.......cant we get her BEFORE she writes the book???????

#58841 - 04/16/04 10:35 AM Re: Regarding "Nao"
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
LHB: I think that she is a very mixed up lady and needs help. But that is not for me to decide. I am truly sorry that you came here in the midst of it all. It must have been a hell of a shock for you. I mean we are all healing and working together on it and then this. Well it is past now and I hope you stick with us.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.