Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bluedogone, AlexT, Obi, lostsoul824, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63181 Topics
441795 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#58622 - 03/25/04 11:34 PM Some wise words about "lashing out..."
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
From a wonderful book called "Sacred Therapy" by Estelle Frankel:

"Once, while on the road, Rabbi Isaac of Vorki and his teacher, Reb David of Lelov, stopped in an unfamiliar town. Suddenly a woman approached Reb David and began to beat him, having mistaken him for her estranged husband, who had abandoned her and her children several years earlier. While screaming and hitting Reb David, the woman suddenly realized that the man she was beating was not her husband but a famous Hasidic rebbe who happened to look a lot like her husband. Completely mortified, she immediately began to beg the rebbe's forgiveness, apologizing profusely for her terrible mistake. Instead of getting angry, Reb David responded with words of comfort, saying, 'It's OK, don't worry; it wasn't ME you were hitting....'"

#58623 - 03/25/04 11:39 PM Re: Some wise words about "lashing out..."
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
\:\)

#58624 - 03/26/04 12:14 AM Re: Some wise words about "lashing out..."
Wifey1 Offline

kolisha,
thank you for sharing that --- I so needed that to help heal my torn soul today...
May you be blessed with Peace,
Sammy

#58625 - 03/26/04 07:22 AM Re: Some wise words about "lashing out..."
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
What a wonderful story, oh that we all could do just that !

Dave

#58626 - 03/26/04 07:58 AM Re: Some wise words about "lashing out..."
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
\:\) I like that.

I think often of the phrase 'turn the other cheek', and I think that it means to bend over and 'moon' the person!

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.