Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (Cthulhu, 3 invisible), 76 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62524 Topics
438158 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58469 - 10/28/05 01:24 AM Re: Hapy happy happy
Born to Resist Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California, USA
This thread has been enlightening.

[the dopamine and aderinaline aspect is something I know was very important in my acting out.]

Are there any articles or books on this anyone could recomend? Can experiencing intense anger have the same effect?

#58470 - 10/28/05 11:09 AM Re: Hapy happy happy
TRACYUK Offline

Thanks for the posts people. Celebrating? Its a bit of a weird one really because joy was a bit shortlived and now, bless him, he's sort of a mixture of dazed, like he's just walked away from a carcrash unscathed...and a bit in shock. Maybe its the realisation of not wanting men but having "had sex" with hundreds and also how close he came to trying to follow that path and actually trying to be gay.

I don't think he'd have ended up in a close and loving gay relationship he'd have found every dark room and gay sex club out!!

He has said that he thinks if he'd done that he would have either ended up in a mental institution or would have killed himself.

I guess he's feeling a bit of an aftershock and thinking how close he came to......well death really. He looks like a man who has not yet come to terms with the fact that he's had a very close call....I have a feeling that theres more anger to come, then relief and then maybe...maybe... (gremlin for hopeful?) Happiness. Just quiet, confident happiness.

Good to talk..

Love

Tracy

#58471 - 10/28/05 11:21 AM Re: Hapy happy happy
TRACYUK Offline

Born to resist

I've read a bit of the above book and it lists the following as some of the behaviours associated with biochemical deficiencies including dopamine.

An experience of feeling automated or as if in a dream.
An experience that something is unfamiliar about familiar places or events.
Anger managemnet problems.
Delays in processing information.
Distractedness.
Feeling detached, as if one is an outside observer of ones mental processes or body.

Frequently interrupting others.
Reactive confusion.
Short temper.
Smell hallucinations.
Addictions.

It also says that cocaine mimicks dopamine.

Hope this is helpful

T

#58472 - 10/29/05 12:51 AM Re: Hapy happy happy
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I haven't read about it yet, but it looks interesting

http://www.edgeeffect.org/

If you do a Google search for 'Edge Effect' there's a good PDF file with a longer explanation out there' but this software wont accept the link

Dave.

Don't forget to order ANY books via Amazon through the link from MS so we get a %

#58473 - 10/29/05 10:29 PM Re: Hapy happy happy
Bluebird Offline

Tracy,

What happy news! I am cheering you on. And by the way, your explanation makes sense to me, but I think you got it right--it really doesn't matter as long as the two of you understand.

Wishing you more and more of that quiet, confident happiness.

Love and Peace,
Bluebird

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.