Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443052 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#58355 - 03/16/04 05:50 PM scared to testify
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Following my letter to the judge (see previous post) I have received a call from the inspector at my local police station to ask me to come and testify.
I am going this coming Thursday morning (French time) at 9 am. I am scared, so scared !
I will have a friend with me. I did not expect a response so soon. I am going to the protest march tomorrow (see world news forum) and after that I am having 10 days non stop of art therapy and psychology classes. I don't know if I am going to be strong enough. I just want to run away !!!
I might be silent for a while, sorry guys for not being supportive these days.
Love and hug

#58356 - 03/16/04 06:04 PM Re: scared to testify
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Good Luck

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#58357 - 03/16/04 06:45 PM Re: scared to testify
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Caetel,

Whatever happens (and BELIEVE me, I know how legal situations can be! \:D ), I'm proud of you for doing this. It takes guts.

I'm also sorry you had to deal with a backbiting son-of-a-(expletive deleted) who, in trying to hurt you, hurt someone else. It's hard when someone you care about thinks you betrayed them.

I wish that there was something I could say to magically make it all better, my dear friend. I hope you know, though, that all will pass and the truth will come out. I truly believe in that.

So, you'll have me and a bunch of other people there in spirit (and in fact, I hope!) when you face the court. It touches me that you're doing so much for survivors in Europe, where our mainstream media here has portrayed the governments as being ignorent and incompetant when it comes to SA. I truly don't believe people can be that uncaring. I know there are more people like you than not.

Thank you for fighting for us. Thank you for caring. Thank you for putting up with the grief you have for V and us. And I know you did it primarily for him, but you also do it for us.

Again, it's appreciated.

Peace and love,

Scot \:\)

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#58358 - 03/16/04 06:52 PM Re: scared to testify
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Be strong Caro, we're right behind you.

Dave

#58359 - 03/16/04 06:54 PM Re: scared to testify
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
"He who saves a single soul,
Saves the world entire"
The Talmud

I strongly believe that one man can change the world. So what if we all think that ???

Thank you for your words Scot, they have gone straight to my heart !
Love to you, will keep you posted on the protest and my morning at the police station !

#58360 - 03/16/04 07:03 PM Re: scared to testify
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Caetel,

In the book and movie, "Schindler's List," I was first introduced to that verse. I now live by that code.

The curse is what is shown at the end of the movie, Schindler (played by Liam Neeson) breaks down and cried when given the ring made of dental gold from one of the men he saved. He keeps saying over and over again, "I didn't do enough. Why didn't I do more?"

I'm cursed with this. And I think so are you.

Please remember you HAVE done enough. MORE than enough.

You've done more for me, people like me, then the people who should've known something was happening to me and did nothing.

I'm in your debt.

Peace and love,

Scot

P.S. I'll bet you WERE stunning. i'll bet you ARE stunning! \:D

#58361 - 03/17/04 01:10 AM Re: scared to testify
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Yes, be strong, Our Lovely Caro!!!

But you are right to also be afraid - going through the legal process can feel like a surgical procedure - a biological experiment, actually. It can be so offensively impersonal & the LAST thing you need right now is what is called "secondary wounding."

It is a hard line to walk: if you act too "professional," people will think you are being manipulative. But if you act too "emotional," people will think you are a nut!

Remember that awareness is power & don't let anyone push you around! You KNOW what you KNOW & what you KNOW is the TRUTH!!!

You are blessed to be one who will "speak truth to power!!!"

All of us here are in awe of your strength & your deep love!

BIG BIG BIG HUG!!!!

#58362 - 03/17/04 03:15 PM Re: scared to testify
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Caetel,

Again, just a word to say I'm thinking of you.

I care, my dear friend.

Peace and love,

Scot \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.