Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, 2 invisible), 68 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62512 Topics
438095 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#57943 - 09/29/05 01:24 AM Faulty Radar
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hope the Guize (as Sammy would say) will take a look here at this topic.... Here at F&F we spend a good deal of energy trying to support our Loved Ones as they begin to learn to trust us little by little.

But trauma survivors are notorious for also trusting TOO MUCH. We "hear" the voice inside warning us that a certain person's behavior seems "odd" somehow, but we fail to pick up on our own signals.

I'd love to hear stories about how people fell into this kind of trap - but I would especially like to know (1) how & what did you learn from it and (2) did what you learned about trusting the WRONG people eventually teach you how to trust the RIGHT people?

#57944 - 09/29/05 04:15 AM Re: Faulty Radar
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

K54,
there have been times I've trusted too much, but I don't think any more than the non abuse victim... I could be wrong about that. But did I learn from the times I did trust too much? Probably. It made me more cautious. But eventually I allowed myself to trust again. I had to or I wouldn't have been able to have any significant relationships. To me, relationships - at least meaningful ones, have to have a strong trust component. Peace, Andrew

#57945 - 09/29/05 04:30 AM Re: Faulty Radar
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Kolisha,
Quote:
how & what did you learn from it
I'm doing the learning right now. I trusted the woman who kept my then five year old son away from me for two months this summer. What I think I will have learned, again, is to trust my intuition. I look back and see warning signs that I deliberately refused to heed earlier in the relationship. I'm glad to have my kids, but beyond that, being with that woman was not healthy for me.
Quote:
did what you learned about trusting the WRONG people eventually teach you how to trust the RIGHT people?
I hope so. Someday we'll see, le cuicdiú Dé.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.