Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (md4e, cricket1007), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447773 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#5777 - 04/15/03 01:42 AM New Ground
Kieran1 Offline

Loc: Canada
I told by best friend about my rape and abuse issues late last week. It was an experience that I still cannot easily define.I was terrified as we sat down for lunch and as we made small talk I kept hesitating about how to initiate what I "had to say".In a gap in our conversation I just blurted out,Bill I want you to know that I was sexually abused as a child,and as you are my closest friend,I just needed to tell someone special in my life about. He was speechless for a moment,then grasped my right hand and said,Kieran,Thank-You for allowing me to share your pain. I went on and told him some of what had happened,and he just listened quietly and I could feel his genuine caring for me.I broke down there at the coffee shop,but this week has been one I could never have dreamed happening.My friend and I are meeting again on Wednesday to share together and I just wanted you all to know that I have been so grateful to you,my brothers in my struggles with all this.Will talk again

Kieran

#5778 - 04/15/03 04:07 AM Re: New Ground
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I am so happy for you Kieran it is nice to know that their are truely loving and caring people out their. Good luck and stay safe.

Nathan

#5779 - 04/15/03 04:27 AM Re: New Ground
despair... Offline

Loc: NY
Kieran,

big ups to you brother...you are truly a survivor. to be able to express your deepest secrets is an incredible feat. i am only 22 years old, and for years i have yearned to speak out about my abuse. i have always expressed my pain by getting into trouble, thwarted it by using drugs, and escaped it with false love (aka sex and meaningless relationships). i applaud your courage and admire your strength. also, you have one amazing friend with you. i admire him also. i don't know anyone here in college i would be able to talk to. Each day i isolate myself in my apartment, fearing that everyone can see right thru me. if only they could understand...God, i wish i could be as courageous as you with my peers...i hope your next lunch date is outstanding!!!

mike

#5780 - 04/15/03 07:37 AM Re: New Ground
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
Wow!

That is awesome! I'm really proud of you! \:\) \:D

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#5781 - 04/15/03 11:16 AM Re: New Ground
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Kieran,

WTG! What a courageous, vital & joyful step you have taken, with more to come! Recently I am starting to experience a friendship in which we are more & more able to mutually share in this way. This is an entirely unique experience for me and a very powerful one. Kieran I'm so glad for you & your friend, for your opening up & for his very positive response. This will be very life-empowering for both of you. \:\)

Victor

#5782 - 04/15/03 05:40 PM Re: New Ground
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Kieran:

I bet you were scared to death. But you know what. He is a true friend and I will tell you something else my brother what you two have is intimacy on a buddy level. Wow to have friends like that does wonders for our self esteem.

You are well and truly on the road now Kieran and may all you steps be like that one.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.