Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (pete1973, 1 invisible), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#57731 - 01/27/04 07:26 PM Victory
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Just in case you have not seen this post on the World section ! I am so happy ! so happy !

The breaking news came this morning : after being rejected for the second time by the Senate in France, the Parliement and the Senate came to a final agreement : victims of incest and other sexual abuse will have 20 years after their majority (18) to press charges instead of 10 years. This is such an achievement, we have struggled so much in the last few months. So many of us, male and female survivors, members of http://www.inceste.org have had the courage to speak out, crushed the law of silence and stood up in front of the Senate house to protest for the very first time.
I am so emotional writing this message ! I want to scream it to the world !
We are now continuing the struggle to make sexual abuse against children a crime against humanity.
We have won ! I am so proud, so proud ! Now I am crying !
Love to you all
Caro

#57732 - 01/28/04 11:07 AM Re: Victory
wifenneed Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Hooray! That is very good news! I share your joy with you, great strides can be made can't they? \:\)

#57733 - 01/28/04 11:21 AM Re: Victory
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Felicitations!!!!

It's so great to hear GOOD NEWS on this site!

#57734 - 01/29/04 12:46 AM Re: Victory
scarman Offline

Loc: London On Canada
this is great!! I waited in silence for 18yrs before going to the police. Here in ontario I never thought that I may not be able to press chareges due to a gap in time too big for the courts to handle.

It will give many the chance to grow abit before "coming out". So maybe there will be more survivours growing into the people they were ment to be.

Cheers \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.