Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
6 registered (bluesky, don64, coffeelady, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442044 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5765 - 08/20/03 06:59 PM Re: thankful for finding this place
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Catch22
I just love that film, I have a thing about crazy people, I think I was one once ;\)

I thought I was crazy because like you, I acted my through the first 45 years of my life.
But now I'm living it at 50.

It hasn't been easy, but it's certainly worth it.

Stick around for some great support.

Dave

#5766 - 08/20/03 09:14 PM Re: thankful for finding this place
martin Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Good Earth
Zanycris & catch22,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us as well but sorry you had to seek us out.

I'm sure you have heard and seen that this place is overflowing with good, decent, and sincerely helpful men. I doubt you could ever find a greater bunch of guys.

Opening up is a scary thing, but you will find safety and patient support. We have all been through--and continue to go through, although I hope to a lesser degree--some pretty heavy crap.

Post, read, heal, thats what we do, hope you get some too.

take gentle care,

Aaron

Its times like these time & time again.
-The Foo Fighters

#5767 - 08/21/03 12:49 AM Re: thankful for finding this place
catch22 Offline

Loc: san jose, ca
thank you for your kind words. i think i'll just "listen" for a while. When i try to put this all down on paper, it gets muddled and i dont think i could coherently talk about things. i'm not sure i want to - yet.

#5768 - 08/21/03 05:44 PM Re: thankful for finding this place
zanychris Offline

Thanks for all the welcomes. I have had a tough week but the kind words have helped me get through the rough spots.

Sitting here and FEELING the pain is the hardest thing to do. As an adult child of an alcoholic, I have learned to hide and run away from my feelings. I am not doing that now and it is HELL--how can people deal with these things called emotions every day ;\) ?

Seriously, I appreciate your warmth, humor, and caring...it makes me feel less alone and gives me hope that someday I too will heal...

#5769 - 08/21/03 06:10 PM Re: thankful for finding this place
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Chris
Emotions are something we should have learnt all about as we grew up, but we didn't did we. How could we express normal emotions when the most emotionally powerful thing that we experienced was also the biggest secret ?

It takes a while to get used to them again that's for sure. But they're real good when you get used to them again.
Our biggest problem with emotion is that in the early stages of recovery a huge dose of them suddenly arrive without warning and scare the crap out of us !

But enjoy a good cry, ask for a hug from someone - it's ok. It's how we get the crap out and our life back in.

Dave

#5770 - 08/28/03 02:26 PM Re: thankful for finding this place
zanychris Offline

I just wanted to let people know that I have been doing much better. The support I have received here and from my therapist has gotten me though the worst part of it.

Thanks to everyone who was there for me....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.