Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57517 - 08/27/05 02:30 AM Re: "Dad, I have something to tell you..."
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#57518 - 08/27/05 03:24 AM Re: "Dad, I have something to tell you..."
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystic Rhythm:
Before disclosing to a family member, would giving them advance warning that the abuse you will be disclosing to them will shock, upset, confuse, and possibly even anger them?
I realize that I seem to have a better relationship with my family than many of you do or want to have. However, here is the general opening I used when telling my father:

Quote:
Dad, I need to talk to you I have something to tell you that will be hard for me to say and hard for you to hear, but I can't stay silent any longer.

At the age of 10...
I covered a lot of ground afterward including his culpability (none in my case; there was nothing he could have done to protect me) and what I think the abuse did to me.

Don't know is this helps or is even appropriate to any of your situations, but there you go.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.