Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, OCN, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444517 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#56991 - 12/28/03 11:31 AM Book List for Partners
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I've just seen this list on the excellent VOICES site and thought it was a good start for a Partners book list.
If you know of any other good books let us know.
Dave.

VOICES in Action, Inc.

PO Box 13

Newtonsville, OH 45158

(800) 7-VOICE-8

Victims Of Incest Can Emerge Survivors In Action, Inc.

http://www.voices-action.org/Partners.htm

Recommended Reading

Barshinger, Clark, Lojan LaRowe, and Andres Tapia. Haunted Marriage: Overcoming The Ghosts of Your Spouseís Childhood Abuse. Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 1995.

Brewster, Susan. To Be an Anchor in the Storm: A Guide to Families and Friends of Abused Women. New York: Ballantine Books, 1977.

Davis, Laura. Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Child. New York: Harper Collins, 1991.

DeBeixodon, Yvette S. A Partnerís Guide to Living With and Loving a Sexual Abuse Survivor: San Francisco: Robert D. Reed Publishing, 1995.

Gil, Eliana. Outgrowing the Pain Together: A Book For Partners and Spouses of Adults Abused as Children. New York: Dell Bantam Doubleday, 1992.

Graber, Ken. Ghosts in the Bedroom: A Guide For Partners of Incest Survivors. Deerfield Beach, Florida: Health Communications, 1991.

Hansen, Paul. Survivors and Partners: Healing the Relationships of Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. Self published, 1991.

Landry, Dorothy. Family Fallout: A Handbook For Families of Sexual Abuse Survivors. Brandon, Vermont: Safer Society Press, 1991.

Levine, Robert. When You Are the Partner of a Rape or Incest Survivor: A Workbook For You. San Jose, CA: Resource Publications, Inc., 1996.

Victims Of Incest Can Emerge Survivors In Action, Inc.

#56992 - 12/28/03 10:45 PM Re: Book List for Partners
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hey Dave!

This is great! I'm not so sure I'm really a "partner" right now, but I am sure these books will help me sort out a lot of my current muddle.

Thanks!!!

#56993 - 11/13/06 09:09 AM Re: Book List for Partners
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Bumping this up, for you girls.
Take care,
Clifford

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.