Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446698 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#56928 - 09/07/05 06:52 AM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

– Anne Lamott

#56929 - 09/11/05 05:12 AM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Here's the latest.

After almost a week now of having all three kids back home, I'm heading to my 5 yo son's favorite water park tomorrow with him, my daughter, and her friend.

We went to Mass tonight, so the kids stayed up late. My boy fell asleep, half on my lap, watching "The Incredibles," and I carried him to bed a few minutes ago.

It's going to be hard seeing all three go with their mother tomorrow. The last time they were to go with her for a week, only two of them made it back home. I don't think she'd do that now, with the court order in place, but it will be hard for me to see them heading out Sunday night.

Thanks again for all the love, support, and prayers.

Joe

#56930 - 09/27/05 02:43 AM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
wrangler Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
Joe

I have been away from the forum for a while now and just read your thread... it is quite a story and by the time I got to the end here it was feeling so familiar. My mother was a total whack job too. When she and my dad got divorced I was actually happy. When I spent time with my dad things felt normal, safe, fun, happy... etc

I just wanted to let you know that even though I didn't always let my dad see it, I thrived off his attetion and love for me... and it has been a memory I cherish to this day.

I hope all continues to go well.

W

#56931 - 10/14/05 07:55 PM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
Mystic Rhythm Offline

Loc: Limbo, clawing my way out...
Joe, any new news about your situation with the courts and custody of your children?

MR

#56932 - 10/14/05 10:07 PM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
AuthenticMe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow, what a heart warming story of courage. I only hope that I can be as strong as you are when I am a father (one day). As a survivor, I always worry how I will adequately protect my children. You are a great model.

#56933 - 10/14/05 11:06 PM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Joe,

Yes, please update us if you can. As I recall there was to be some resolution in October.

I do hope all this is going well for you.

Take care,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#56934 - 10/29/05 05:06 AM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I'm back.

We did not get divorced in October. We did not have all the appraisals (We own three houses) ready, and we had no agreement on custody. The lawyers wanted to avoid a court fight, or else my soon to be x wanted that.

The lawyers are trying to schedule a meeting for the four of us. I saw my kids' mother at my six year old's parent teacher conference today. She said the meeting is to dicuss the property division, and she told me what she wants (one property and cash). I don't know if that will work for me, but it's someplace to start. I just want to get through this and protect my kids.

I started a group therapy that's been helpful (entirely focused on the present, discussion of the past and/or any trauma is not allowed) and difficult (just because we don't discuss it there doesn't stop it from coming up inside). I'm real tired these days, but that'll pass, I suppose.

Thanks,

Joe

#56935 - 11/01/05 03:36 PM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
Mystic Rhythm Offline

Loc: Limbo, clawing my way out...
Good to hear from you Joe. I'm sure I speak for the majority here when I say our thoughts are with you.

MR

#56936 - 11/01/05 06:22 PM Re: A male survivor seeking advice
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Joe,

I hope all this works out. It will be complicated and a mess, looks like, but try to take it one day at a time. You seem to be maintaining a good attitude, but sure, I can imagine it is very wearying.

Glad you're back,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.