Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446767 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#56161 - 03/22/03 08:19 PM Not in crisis
cog Offline

I am not in crisis, so please don't go whacko, but I am depressed.

I remembered hearing something somewhere, that portrays how I feel inside. It describes for me the overwhelming personal stuggle I endure. It is something that describes how I feel in only 3 words. It is amazing how these three words seem to speak volumes to me. I had to search to find the source. Here it is:

"... I Die Daily"

-New Testament: First Corinthians, Chapter 15, verse 31.

To me, this is poetic.

#56162 - 03/22/03 09:17 PM Re: Not in crisis
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
cog, here is another saying, "but with the dawn rejoiciing--it is from a psalm but I don't remember which one.

Let's hope you can come to the daqy when you can say, I live daily--fresh and fully.

Bob

#56163 - 03/22/03 09:40 PM Re: Not in crisis
al Offline

Loc: canada
sorry man didnt mean to go whacko on you. you jsut scared me cuz you wouldnt say much. please let me know if there is anything i can do to help ok?

Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it. Winston Churchill

#56164 - 03/23/03 12:46 AM Re: Not in crisis
cog Offline

Al,
I guess after talking to you in chat and posting what I did I can see how you could come up with that conclusion.
But please believe me, that this post has nothing to do with you, or the chat we had. I honestly wasn't thinking about what you had said to me in chat. So, take a breather. It's ok. This is just a theme that I have been dealing with and I wanted to express it. I didn't want to alarm anyone by talking about dying. That is why I prefaced what I said with it.
To say anymore, would take aware from those three words.

P.S. I am grateful for your hand of friendship. Thank you for caring.

#56165 - 03/23/03 01:18 AM Re: Not in crisis
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Please let me say, that u are not alone....

peace

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#56166 - 03/23/03 09:29 PM Re: Not in crisis
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Guys - I felt like that so very often [I die daily...]...even slid so far that I thought about ending it all. BUT I began taking Prozac and found whenever I started "sliding down that greased flagpole of life toward the dark cloud of depression", \:\( it felt like a hand grabbed me (Prozac) and no matter what I couldn't slide any further. \:\) After a while, the depression would pass (sometimes it took 'til morning when I woke up).
I also began to work on my thinking by including short phrases I learned. Such as:

I like everyone - some when they come and some when they go! The first 3 words lifted the positive and gave positive direction to my thinking.

Tell me what you CAN do not what you CAN'T! Whatever I was worried or anxious about that I had no control over, I swept away and focused instead on what I could do then and there. Then - I started doing it. Depression zaps motivation, strength and direction. The more I could accomplish something, I gained a bit of strength.

The Serenity Prayer and it's wisdom reminded me to know, identify and apply the courage to change the things I could.

It was easier for me to slide down than to stop in order to climb up!! Surviving and healing isn't easy. I'm still climbing!! Hope it helped!! ;\)

Howard

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.