Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (Thebo, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63394 Topics
443242 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#55963 - 12/25/06 10:38 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Duncan, the subject is highly triggering to me and others, otherwise I might have posted more.
Get the test done, dont keep putting it off, I did for years.

Tell yrself to do it k,

ste

#55964 - 12/25/06 11:33 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Duncan

I have on my desk the book Resources fo Survivors of Abuse within the UK. if you would like to PM with the appox area in which you live ie: South Yorkshire, Humberside etc or your nearest big town PM and I will look up as to what is in your area or there is another organisatio based in London that would be able to furnish you with any information you seek ... they are the National Asscociation of People Abused in Childhood(NAPAC)they are an excellent resource headed by a guy called Pete Saunders who is a survivor himself and a really nice guy, they can be found here:

http://www.napac.org.uk/

Take it easy

Kirk
"Lets grab this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit"

#55965 - 12/26/06 12:21 AM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am so sorry to everyone if I am triggering events for them. I did not mean it. I just cannot stop it in my head.

I dont know who I am half of the time. I have one side that is all pleasant and the other is horrible. I just cannot stop myself. I know that everyone is being so helpful and I am greatful.

Perhaps it would be better for me not to post what is going on in my mind, but I say that and find it difficult to do so.

#55966 - 12/26/06 02:48 AM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Duncan,

It's OK to talk about these things here. That's why we're here. You may want to consider putting a "Trigger Warning" on your posts if you feel it may be disturbing to some of us, but you need to and are welcome to say what you need to say here. Those who see a trigger warning will move on to other posts if they feel they are not in a place to read what you say. So post away, Friend. It's OK.

and ste, you said
Quote:
John, this peasant country means you get whats available if you can get it at all.
I understand. And we have some liberal politicians in this country who want to make the British style of healthcare available to all of us. I hope they loose on this count at least!

Lots of love,

John

#55967 - 12/26/06 12:45 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Duncan, its not OK to not bother posting.
Its just this time of year, I just want to be on the other side of the holidays like most of us.

Just carry on,

ste

#55968 - 12/26/06 12:55 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

ste,

I cannot do this. If what I am writing is acting as a trigger to others and upsets them a great deal I must take the responsibilty for it.

duncan

#55969 - 12/26/06 01:27 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Duncan.

All you need to do is put in the heading of your post the words "trigger warning" that will warn those of us who are in a fragile place at the moment to be prepared to be triggered, thats all. I hope that you will continue to post here. If you wish you can PM me and have a good old rant as I am very hard to trigger nowadays although I do still get them but they are mainly new ones that have emerged, I now know how to deal with them, and I know that they cannot hurt me anymore ....... same as flashbacks.

Take care

Kirk

#55970 - 12/26/06 01:41 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by reality2k4:
John, this peasant country means you get whats available if you can get it at all.
There is more available to women and kids, but its like gold dust trying to find a therapist unless you pay, or start hurting yourself.

We are the largely silent third world, :rolleyes:

ste
Ste

I know how you feel about resources here in the UK and I know people need to know of the total lack of resources but we really do have to be positive here, I know how you feel about our MP's as does the majority of the country but there are some good ones (mine espcially) who are taking the lack of resources seriously. My MP is conservative and I am in no way a supporter of their policies but they are onto something with regard the lack of action by Blairs government with regard CSA, they are on a steep learning curve. As I have said before we have to communicate with the politicians as it is the only way we are going to change things. Write to your MP if they do not repond make an appointment to go and see them at their weekly surgery if they still do not repond get on to your local press, we really have to get off our collective backsides and start telling them how CSA affects society in general. How many of those ill fated murdered Ipswich working girls turned to drugs to smoother their poor self worth through CSA?

Apathy is not an option here.

Kirk

#55971 - 12/26/06 02:04 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

#55972 - 12/26/06 09:30 PM Re: Coming to terms with rape possible **** Triggers ****
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kirk, my MP is a heavy weight in parliament, a woman of fomidable stature.
I am going to run stuff with her, and make sure she is true to the cause.

Good job I never got help as a kid, because I would be totally wrecked by the response I would have got.

The point of referral should be with a GP, and maybe a psyche doc, and not just let you find your own way,

all the best,

ste

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.