Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#55923 - 03/22/03 10:32 PM Re: needed to get this off my chest
PeteT Offline

Loc: Michigan
Nathan, I have worked third shift for the last 13 years and I know it's not easy working an off shift. If your working long hours the sleep that you are getting is probably being interupted. I sleep four to six hours a day and I am very bitchey at times. The phone rings, kids yelling outside, and traffic keeps me awake. To deal with this I take a lot of naps and then my wife gets upset because all I do is sleep. So I try to spend some quality time with her each day.

I agree with the advice of everyone here. Get into Therapy, exercise, spend cuddling time with your wife, and talk to her, not about work, but about you and her. I know this sounds hard to do with working so many hours but hopefully the long hours won't last forever.

When you get ran down the emotions may flow but that can be a good thing. It helps release the build up that's inside. Know that you are not alone, know that all of us are here for you. I for one have the highest regards for you and admire you for for being able to be a survivor at such a young age. I am proud of you. You have help me so much. You have reached out to so many of us and we will be here for you.

Pete

#55924 - 03/23/03 02:35 AM Re: needed to get this off my chest
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thank you one and all for the posts. It means alot to know that you guys care that much for me to write the posts. I some time feel like no one cares about me but I know that is not true. Things are going better with me and Vicki. We have talked a little but I had my long day today whichw as 17 hours. I just wanted to say that the worst of it is over for now.

I am taking your guy's advice and cutting back my hours at work. Vicki and I are and will always love each other so I know we will be able to over come these troubling times. I need to sleep guys I just wanted to say thank you for everything and I love each and everyone of you.

Your little brother, Nathan

#55925 - 03/23/03 02:37 AM Re: needed to get this off my chest
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Forgot to say that I will be sending pms and posting more on monday when I get the day off. I want to send each of you a personal message when I am not so tired so lots of love, Nathan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.