Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55678 - 03/20/03 01:42 PM a sad few days...
zadok1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
My father was abusive and controlling. All I wanted while growing up was to get away from him so I could live my own life. My uncle Roger was the closest thing to a nurturing father I ever knew. He taught me how to play basketball, took me fishing and spent time with me. Years later we worked together for my father, a time we used to refer to as spending time in hell together. For three years we sweated and slaved together. I was closer to him than his own son, or brothers and sisters.

Roger was found dead Monday at the age of 52. It was a shock, and I am really struggling to keep from spiraling into a depression. There are few people I really trust in this world, and he was one of them. Since his ex moved away with his son, I guess he always saw me as the son he never had. He made over my kids like they were his own, and the hardest part of the past couple of days was walking into his apartment, and seeing how he had proudly displayed pictures of my son and baby there.

It seems like fate or something. Every time I get my act together, something happens to knock me backward. If you pray, remember me the next time you do. I need all the support I can get.

#55679 - 03/20/03 02:57 PM Re: a sad few days...
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, be in our hearts and mind this day and always.

Remember him fondly, he is remembering you, Zadok.

#55680 - 03/20/03 04:02 PM Re: a sad few days...
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Zadok
Your Uncle Rodger left you with the good memories, hang onto them, cherish them.

Be strong
Dave

#55681 - 03/20/03 04:56 PM Re: a sad few days...
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Zadok:

\:\(

My thots & prayers are with you and the family.

Victor

#55682 - 03/20/03 05:43 PM Re: a sad few days...
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
Zadok1,

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your Uncle Rodger.I will put you on our church's prayer list + I will pray for you every day.
Keep posting here so that we can support you in your crisis.
WITH MUCH LOVE,
Kim

#55683 - 03/20/03 08:11 PM Re: a sad few days...
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I'm praying for you now.

#55684 - 03/20/03 10:32 PM Re: a sad few days...
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Jeff,

I am saddened to hear of the passing of your uncle/second father. I can not truly imagine your sense of loss.

Like Llyody says, you have the great memories and now you know even more how much he cherished you. He is a good model for you as a Dad and father of a son. I think you will be a very good father to your children as a result of his goodness to you.

You are in my prayers. I believe you can talk to your uncle in the quiet of your heart. So you can let him know how much he means to you.

Peace friend,

Bob

#55685 - 03/21/03 02:30 AM Re: a sad few days...
Jess Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Zadok,

My deepest sympathy on your loss. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Sincerely, Jess.

#55686 - 03/21/03 08:37 AM Re: a sad few days...
zadok1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
thank you all. i am doing better today, and i reckon life goes on. it will be hard not seeing him in this life again, but i know he went to a better place.

jeff

#55687 - 03/21/03 06:39 PM Re: a sad few days...
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
Zadoc,
I am grateful you are at feeling better. You will still will be in my prayers for awhile. :p
Make sure to tell us when the funeral for your Uncle Rodger is so that we can pray for you that very same day/hour. :p
WITH MUCH LOVE,
Kim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.