Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (peroperic2009, Bardo, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444523 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#55200 - 03/21/03 05:35 PM Re: Just spoke to a rape counselor
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Quote:
I did tell the T as much as I had told my wife, but I still haven't told either of them all of it. And I haven't told anyone else. Just not ready, I guess.
Me Either. But I tell more and more all the time.
I keep trying even though I am so afraid.

On a Positive note Rachel at the poetry reading thing found me a male survivor group therapy only 50 - 65 miles away. I may be admitted to attend as soon as in 3 weeks - Assuming i can find someone to drive me in case I am unable to drive after sessions.

#55201 - 03/22/03 06:56 AM Re: Just spoke to a rape counselor
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Ed
I started group therapy a few weeks ago and it's so good. It'll be worth every bit of effort to travel.

Our T asked us all "what are you getting out of this ?" and we all agreed that no matter how much 1 to 1 T we do, how much we read and learn or how much we share on sites like this there's nothing to touch the feeling of someone looking you straight in the eye as you share your life and it's history with them.
Especially when they look at you with that unmistakable feeling of empathy in their eyes, the one that tells you that you are not alone, and they know EXACTLY how you feel.

That's a feeling that's as good to give as it is to receive, it's a feeling that I look forward to all week.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.