Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (L84, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447773 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#153242 - 04/28/07 05:18 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Alexander]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Hey little Brother, School sucks.. I know, I know it doesn't help right now but the older you get the more they'll understand, hang in there bro. Flash backs are hard and it seems like no one gets it, but WE all get it. We know the embarrassment, and with us it's nothing to be embarrassed about, kids don't understand so they make up stories to make themselves feel better about what they don't get. Sucks now, but it will make sense to them later and then they'll feel bad about being so nasty. It's adult problems your dealing with so don't expect them to act like adults. I promise you, you'll get all the understanding you need when you get past them, again not fair right now, but hold on little brother. Were here, and we understand completely. You have been forced to deal with this before you were ready. No one wants to be an adult before they have to be and your handling it better than most would. I'll be praying for you little brother. Hang in there.

Mike

#153256 - 04/28/07 09:54 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: mogigo]
Stefan012 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
just the wispering and all increased some again.
I've not been feeling great lately though.. feeling low i guess.
Skipped work today.. saturday... cause i didnt feel up to it and had barely slept either.
thanks for the replies.

Stefan

No they can't take them away, so they won't

#153324 - 04/29/07 05:34 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

hope things get better..........stefan.......................steve

#153540 - 04/30/07 04:41 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Stefan,

Originally Posted By: Stefan012
just the wispering and all increased some again.
I've not been feeling great lately though.. feeling low i guess.
Skipped work today.. saturday... cause i didnt feel up to it and had barely slept either.

Do you have cool fun things you can focus on in your spare time? That helped me a lot. I was doing too much brooding and worrying, and as my stress level went up that just set me up for more difficulty.

The problem is that as we get more and more centered on our abuse problems, they become the defining reality of our lives and everything else seems to be just "in between". If possible, it's important to break out of that.

My solution was to join a blues group just to pick and slide away and keep myself focused on something I really enjoy. Even practicing by myself helped a lot.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#153780 - 05/01/07 05:10 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: roadrunner]
Stefan012 Offline

Yeah...
Usually hanging out whit my friends helps to forget about stuff for a while.
Or something like playing soccer or a good walk.
It's just hard sometimes. Hard to do anything at all sometimes.

Stefan

#153784 - 05/01/07 05:28 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Stefan,

Yeah, I know what you mean. How about something you can do by yourself for awhile? A musical instrument, painting, writing poetry? Or how about cycling? There are some great routes in the Netherlands, but you already know that.

The idea is just to do something with yourself and not sit alone and thinking about things too much. I know it's hard to focus on anything right now, but it might help you a lot.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#161544 - 06/14/07 04:14 AM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: roadrunner]
Stefan012 Offline

So we finally got back the ruling on my father's case (against the physicall violence).
He's getting 21 months in prison and then a year 'conditional', i hope that is the right word. Meaning that he will not be in jail, but if in that year he does anything again he will go right back to jail again.
I'm glad it's now really finally and completely over.

Stefan

#161547 - 06/14/07 05:57 AM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Stefan,

I'm glad you got some closure on this. A term of 21 months seems like nothing for phyical violence against his own son, but what you DO get is public and official recognition that this happened and that it was wrong. He's got all the blame for he did, and I hope you will let him keep it, bro. Stay strong.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.