Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63435 Topics
443443 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#151368 - 04/17/07 08:59 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: sabata]
john22 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Europe-Belgium
hey stefan

It must have been hard to stand there before your dad, but its nice to hear you are through that part. Hopefully everything will go a lot easier now.

John

#151436 - 04/18/07 10:22 AM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: john22]
Stefan012 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
I hope so

No they can't take them away, so they won't

#152447 - 04/23/07 06:38 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
Stefan012 Offline

I just had a really bad panicattack/flashback at school.. I hadn't been going to school last week so today was like, first day back again.
I don't even know what triggered it... I don't remember what the flashback was about either.
It was in the middle of the hall, we were walking to the next class... I hadn't been able to pay attention to class or to anyone really so far.
I just know that I had a flashback, followed by a panicattack... I was like 'away' for a bit I don't know how to explain it, but I don't remember a part that's for sure.
According to my friends I like sank to the floor and started to breath weird, and shivering really bad, eyes rolled away that must have been freaky to see.
I only know that when I was like, back, i was sitting on the floor against the wall, hugging myself, still shivering and breathing wrong a bit..
A teacher talking to me but not understanding a word of it.
Rest of the students were send away thankfully so I wasn't a total monkey in the zoo.
Teacher and a few friends bringing me to a teachersoffice, giving me some water to drink.
They still talking I'm still not really understanding it/listening to them.
So when I calmed down some my friends brought me 'home'.
Well, at least now I'm sure they think i'm a freak, the rest of the students, not my friends.
sigh... o well.

Stefan

#152455 - 04/23/07 07:39 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
dan18 Offline
New Here

who cares about those other kids?
like you said, they're not your friends
so who cares what they think?

you know and your friends know that you are a strong, enduring person with plenty of good qualities and a big responsibility on your shoulders

that's what counts

#152457 - 04/23/07 08:11 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: dan18]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Stefan,

As you may have read in a past post of mine, I had a bad FB in front of a customer (a major university Dean). I tell you this so that you realize, I know the pain you going through with regard to the scene where it happened. I felt awful about it, but am getting better having realized that I went through something THEY will never understand. My customer, your schoolmates, the teachers..none of them will ever know what you or I went through. They no nothing of what they just saw either. If they judge what they don't understand..then to hell with them. (I know..not easy to say in school)

I assure you, it was worse in your own mind than for the few who saw. I know school kids can be really cruel at times like this...but do give this a chance. You may find that there are no negative results. You may even find some positive results. I'm so happy to hear you say that you have friends there who could take you home.

And you have a BUNCH of people here who think the world of you!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#152463 - 04/23/07 08:28 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Still]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
And you have a BUNCH of people here who think the world of you!

That's the truth, Friend, and I have a hunch your closer friends will cut you some slack on this and that they care about you as well. If not they wouldn't have stuck with you and made sure you got home.

Lots of love,

John

#152603 - 04/24/07 03:07 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Stefan,

These things do happen sometime, and there's nothing you can do about that. Just try to avoid getting down on yourself about it. The flashbacks show you are still under a lot of stress, and who could blame you for that?

Remember also that our anxiety about what people know and think can make us blow the real situation all out of proportion. Your friends will hang with you, Stefan, and for the others this will probably be an incident that will be forgotten about in a few days.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#152626 - 04/24/07 04:24 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: roadrunner]
Stefan012 Offline

I doubt they'll forget.. but I guess I gotta try to not mind so much.. I can try..
It isn't even the first time I freaked out at school, just up until now I could mostly get away from everyone, like I could go to a toilet before it got huge.
So I don't know... I guess I'm afraid I will keep getting panicattacks in places like this. Cause like I said, it wasn't the first time.
I just hate this.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Stefan

#152642 - 04/24/07 07:17 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: Stefan012]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

i had a few panic attacks to the point where i hypervenlated....and passed out.....a couple at school when i was young and in school.........no one knew why.this happened.............i didnt know why.........they just carried me to the nurses station........i came out of it....went on my way.....had one at work...same way...long time ago....

#153228 - 04/28/07 03:44 PM Re: Well this is about me, my story, I guess. Poss [Re: sabata]
Alexander Offline

Sorry to hear about the flashback Stefan..
If you want to talk, please do ok?
How are you doing now?
Gonna enjoy koninginnedag I bet?? (queensday)
Well, hope to talk to you soon. \:\)

Alexander

But I am screaming underneath

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.