Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (Shyshark, Rich1967, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443277 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#54514 - 06/02/05 08:10 PM not dealing well
scooter Offline

I am just not dealing with things well right now. I'm falling apart. I can't get hold of my wife to talk to her. I just hurt right now.

I told my parents about the abuse yesterday. They validated every feeling I had with their own memory. They tried so hard to protect me as a child. They are so broken too. We're now worried that my brother went through the same thing. I have more memories. I can't take this right now. I know I'm strong but it's killing me to the core right now.

Thank you for being a place to turn.

#54515 - 06/02/05 08:20 PM Re: not dealing well
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Scooter:
So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, but it's very understandable. You've been through the worst of it - "letting out the secret". Now the healing can begin. There will be good and bad days and all of you will go thru a flood of emotions. Just make sure that you all give yourselves a "break" each day to do something simple, but enjoyable. At least for me, it's better when I stay active - it provides little "distractions" throughout the day rather than dwelling on the feelings.
Keep writing - we're here to support you.

Sophiesdad

#54516 - 06/02/05 08:37 PM Re: not dealing well
scooter Offline

Thank you so much. I'm going to shave and take a shower. I need to start a new project.

I'm at home with the kids today. How do I talk to them about it? They are 6 and younger. I don't want them to be nervous. They know I'm sad. My wife and I have told them that I am sad because of some stuff when I was a boy, but it has nothing to do with them. I am so happy and proud of them and my sadness has nothing to do with them. We also try to reaffirm that mom and dad are so in love and happy.

I don't know what to else to say to them right now. But I am feeling better. I'm going to go and play with them. Thank you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.