Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443037 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#54454 - 03/16/03 11:30 AM can i be addicted
SOUTH OF NY Offline

Loc: COLUMBIA, SC
i am taking 40 mg of celexa during the day down from 60 but i also have developed a habit of smoking pot every night to chill out and sleep. what are the affects of celexa and pot? i do know that pot is a depressant and the celexa is an anti-depressant. any help would be appreciatd as i feel i am heading in the wrong direction.

#54455 - 03/16/03 03:37 PM Re: can i be addicted
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
IMHO same effect as drinking alcohol while on anti-depressants. Both are useless. I smoked pot while on lexapro, and the paranoia that ensued was incredibly debilitating. I will never do that again. Take care of you.

Peace

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#54456 - 03/16/03 08:21 PM Re: can i be addicted
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
South,

You might ask your doctor about taking Trazadone. It's another anti-depressant that is mostly used now to help people get to sleep, and it's non-addicting.

Mixing in pot or drinking or other drugs not perscribed is playing a bit of russion roulette. It's not a good idea and in some cases drug interactions can be dangerous.

Just a thought or two. Hang in there South,

jer

#54457 - 03/17/03 05:58 AM Re: can i be addicted
taipan Offline

Loc: CT
I smoked pot to fight of the anxiety for 20 years........I thought it worked well until I stopped. I would see your Dr and get real meds, they work much better (from my experience---and I can't believe it was me who just said that!). I am now taking lexapro (anti-depressant) and zanax (sp?--a mild tranquilizer) and I for the first time feel anxiety free, my brain works (I'm not stupid from smoking pot) I don't get paranoid or feel bad.....and I am eating much healthier because I don't have the munchies a the time! Again I would let the Dr recommend the meds, self medication is not the answer.
Regards, Taipan

#54458 - 03/30/03 12:37 PM Re: can i be addicted
SOUTH OF NY Offline

Loc: COLUMBIA, SC
thanks for all of your help. this is what the forum is all about.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.