Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
1 registered (pattom), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#54338 - 02/19/04 06:14 AM Re: Would you sue your perp.
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
No. I do not think it would serve me any purpose. There is nothing I could gain from it that could possibly give me back anything I have lost, or make it more acceptable that it happened, or compensate me for the shit he done and that I still go through because of him. It seems it would be pointless to me.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#54339 - 02/19/04 02:12 PM Re: Would you sue your perp.
FlyWM Offline

Loc: Michigan
I would not sue any of my perps. There is nothing I could gain from it, and it would not really be any kind of punishment. The only reason I would sue would be if I knew he was hurting others, just to try to get him to stop that, but I would not sue for myslef.

scott

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible in not a declaration, it's a dare.

--Adidas

#54340 - 02/20/04 04:36 AM Re: Would you sue your perp.
Texas_Mike Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Texas-The Lone-St...
HELL YES..AND A TEXAS 2 STEP..ON THE GRITTER.

YOU ARE DOIN A GREAT SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY AS WELL, SIR.

YOU ARE SAVIN' SOULS. YOU ARE MAKING PEOPLE AWARE OF THIS SEXUAL VIOLENCE. SURVIVORS/VICTIMS HAVE RIGHTS TOO.

CHECK OUT THIS LINK>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/help/welcome.html

KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING WORK.

I SALUTE YOU & YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS.

Run 2 Live-Live 2 Run

Best,
"The Desert Runner" Mike

#54341 - 02/20/04 09:39 AM Re: Would you sue your perp.
uselesstheories Offline

Loc: USA
Well, whereas my perp was my female parent (mother is too kind a term for her) I haven't had any thoughts of suing, not only for she doesn't have much, but for the cost, expenses, time, etc. to get so involved. (And I now live 2000 miles away for a very good reason)

But, being the youngest child, and having none of my siblings or even my father know what happened to me is still weighing heavily upon me.

Sue? No. Expose her for the child molester that she is in her home town in front of her family and friends? YES - once I feel strong enough to handle it.

As many have said, money will not fix me nor change what happened. Public exposure and potentially having her circle of family and friends around her know what she did to her own flesh and blood? PRICELESS. \:D

#54342 - 02/20/04 10:25 AM Re: Would you sue your perp.
Texas_Mike Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Texas-The Lone-St...

Run 2 Live-Live 2 Run

Best,
"The Desert Runner" Mike

#54343 - 02/21/04 10:22 PM Re: Would you sue your perp.
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Muldoon -

Tonight I have just watched a program on satellite (Sky) television.

It was about 'sex offenders' and showed several paedophiles that were currently undergoing 'treatment'.

*************May Trigger***************
*************May Trigger***************

One of these pervs was in the middle of a prison sentence of about 20 years (couldn't take it all in as I just stumbled over the program) and was undergoing aversion therapy. This therapy involved smelling some foul liquid (don't know what) whilst being shown semi-naked pictures of young boys (??????). Apparently he now only gets 'a twinge' a couple of times in one half hour session rather than feeling 'rampant' throughout.

He is undergoing this 'treatment' in the hope of being released.

The 'treatment centre/jail' was somewhere in Arkansas (my geographical knowledge of USA is not that good, so don't know if this is anywhere near you or not) - near some small farming town with a population of 3k.

Apparently this one paedophile has 43 victims that he has admitted to, including his stepson. When I switched the television off, it was at the point where the stepson had asked to see the perv to get some answers - I had seen enough of his snivelling attitude & crying for himself, pretendng it was for his victims. I don't know if the stepson got to speak to him or not(strangle him would be better). The first time he abused the stepson , the boy was about 7 and laid on a carpet watching television...the perv actually gave a basic de>

#54344 - 02/22/04 08:55 PM Re: Would you sue your perp.
scarman Offline

Loc: London On Canada
I did!!

He was sentenced last Sept. He was given 18months for someone else and an additional 4 months for what he did to me. Total 22months, not alot, but better than nothing. Typically they only serve 1/3 of their sentence. So he will be out soon if not already.

I'm glad I did press charges. This I'm sure of.

shawn

#54345 - 02/23/04 12:17 AM Re: Would you sue your perp.
faceinthecrowd Offline

I am trying.The county prosecuter,detectives,and my own lawyer are working together.I think I was probably one of his first victims.There has been at least 25 thru 50.they are estimating.He is a very public figure in this town as well as the state.At first it took everything in me to call the lawyer now about 7 mon into the investigation I feel more confident.Another victim of his came forward also which has helped the case.He was molested about 10 yrs after Iwas.Both our cases have hit some snags.Can you beleive that there were no laws written in the early seventies in the state I love in about males molesting males. I asked the detective after he found out from the prosecuting attorney that if I would have had enough in me,when I was 12 and 13 to come forward with the molestation,they would have not done anything? H e said,that it would have only been a misdemeaner, not a felony. It shows you how things have changed over the last 35 years with the publics perseption of how many perps there are and what really goes on out there.I am thinking if it does not work out to approach 2 or 3 people whom I suspect were also molested by himand take them with meand knock on his door. I know this may be down the road,and I am not sure how those that I know have dealt with their abuse,but I want to make sure before before he dies that he knows,that he did not win and that I am a 100 times the man that he ever thought he was..burn in H@$#%$^%^$^%$^%you M@$#%$^$&^F*#@$@%$%$////////////////facethesonofabitch

#54346 - 02/23/04 12:21 AM Re: Would you sue your perp.
faceinthecrowd Offline

I told evryone I caNT type,or proofread either-and I always mess up in the worst places--it is not the state I "love in"--it is the state I "livein".-I am such a goof ball,forgiveand ///////////facethekeyboard

#54347 - 02/23/04 01:33 PM Re: Would you sue your perp.
Robby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I would like to...In the last year it has become a desire. My perp was a coach. He would have the athletes over to his house and use alcohol as a tool. I know other kids I ran with must have been molested by him as well. I know the school district transfered him around just like what happened in the Church. I heard he moved to Florida a few years back. He is involved in sports and that keeps him around kids. I think in Florida he is an Umpire. I am not sure in what capacity.

I am positive that his employment record with the school district is full of bad stuff. I know that when I was in 9th grade, he was the Junior Varsity Basketball coach and he got fired because he was spotted at a Detroit Pistons basketball game with his players and they were all dinking beer (same use of alcohol). I have looked on the Michigan and Florida sex offender lists to see if he is on them. Unfortunately his name is Dave Smith which is very common. I'm sure the Statue of Limitations would keep me from doing anything. My abuse happened when I was 13 and I am now 36. I would like to have him be labeled a sex offender. Right now my healing is more important that that piece of shit. There will come a day in the near future that him being held accountable will be part of my healing. It was just this past August I decided it wasnt my fault and I mourned for what was taken from me and what I couldnt get back.

Robby

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.