Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63786 Topics
445430 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#54226 - 04/18/04 06:59 PM Re: Living by emotion
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
\:\)

#54227 - 04/18/04 07:35 PM Re: Living by emotion
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Marc,
I am here to support you, and will always tell you when I think you have crossed the line. The beginning of recovery is a very difficult time for all of us (including me right now, I still consider myself in early recovery) and yes you will make some mistakes but I'll be here to help you any way I can.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#54228 - 04/18/04 08:38 PM Re: Living by emotion
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Marc it aint easy that is for sure. But you are making headway and I can see that for a fact.

The biggest thing for you to remember from now on is that you are a part of us and we are all on the same team.

Be gentle with yourself brother.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#54229 - 04/18/04 09:34 PM Re: Living by emotion
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
I am thankful you are here. I have learned to not dissect everything I do or say, as it was driving me insane. You are a part of the family, and I am glad to know you. And, by the way, I accept you for who you are. No matter what, you are a brother. Black, white, red, straight, gay, bi, it doesn't matter. You have a good heart and a caring mind, and that is what's most important. You are just you, and I accept you!
Casey

#54230 - 04/19/04 02:48 AM Re: Living by emotion
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Marc,

We are learning about ourselves AND each other here. And it will take time, and probably, (if you're like me anyway!) some errors in judgement. Different people here are of different cultures, ways of thought, ages, education levels, etc. Different people here have different 'triggers'. We can't go around here walking on our toes all the time. We just need to try to make sure that we aren't walking on the toes of others as well. It is just a matter of treating others with courtesy and respect, which you already are doing. There will be misunderstandings at times. But they will be gotten over if both people are accepting and receptive to the other.

No one should have to 'watch' what they say and how they say it at all times (again, with exception of just following rules of common courtesy). As we learn each other better and form relationships, there is less 'watching' and more openness with each other.

Take care, and welcome back.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#54231 - 04/19/04 09:10 AM Re: Living by emotion
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Marc,

I don't think we should have to worry about insulting anyone. Unless you purposely go out to do so, and I think we can pick up on that pretty quickly, it's understood that we are "blowing off steam" as it were, and will be accepted as such.

To wit, you called me on something that I didn't know I did. I didn't lose my mind over it and it hasn't affected my views toward you \:\) or anyone else.

There are a very few in my life that I wouldn't give the time of day to because they have been deliberately hurtful. everyone else? Eh! I have a thick skin and I forgive easily.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.