Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (dan_in_newengland, CheerfulJohn, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#54045 - 04/20/04 10:44 AM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Ken I can relate to how you feel.

Once when I was like that I took a friend and a baseball bat into the park forest. I took the friend for protection.

I took that baseball bat to a large tree that I could not hurt. At first I started to whack it lightly all the time feeling foolish then after a bit I really got into it and by the time I was finished I was bawling my eyes out and my hand were bloody and I could not even lift the bat I was so sore. Now the friend was there to let other people know I was not totally loony and also to protect myself from me. I got rid of a whole lot of stored up rage and anger.

I do have some recommendations though. Take a metal bat cause if a wooden one breakes you never know were the pieces would go. And where good thick gloves cause it is gonna hurt like hell. But the pain releases the rage.

Afterwards I apologized to the tree and my friend. My friend was just glad to be there and heard a lot about my past and is now a true friend. And I know the tree did not mind. Just glad it could not hit back.

The rage has to go someplace Ken.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#54046 - 04/21/04 12:52 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Hey all... sorry I haven't replied.

I had a motorcycle accident yesterday. Lost control of my back end on cold/damp road. I high-sided and landed on my head..

Concusion, cracked collar bone and a few cracked ribs.

Can life really get any better???????

#54047 - 04/21/04 01:00 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
OUCH!!!! Just because I said it, I didn't mean for you to go out and do it, a second time. Is the bike ok? Is your ego ok? lol. Ok, seriously, are you going to be ok?

#54048 - 04/21/04 01:01 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
Concusion, cracked collar bone and a few cracked ribs.

Can life really get any better???????
Ken,

I'm sure it can get better than cracked ribs! Sorry, hope that didn't make you laugh.

Maybe this is a chance to slow down (not on the bike) and reflect on the things you're learning. You probably have some new ideas about what happened to you and what it means now that you've heard from some of us. If you're going to have some time to read, there are books specifically for male survivors that have helped several of us.

Get well so you can get back on that bike soon,

Joe

#54049 - 04/21/04 02:30 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys...

I'm going to be ok. I'm still a bit dizzy and have a whopper of a headache. It feels like I was a tree in a park and someone had some anger to get out...lol ;\)

The bike is ok.. a few scuffs on the upper and lower fairing and by new Ti Yosh can is scuffed, but considering how i went down I am pretty luck.

This is the first "me" day I've had in a long time and it feels kinda nice. Stayed in bed until 11am and it is starting to look good again!

I haver so much to think about right now, so much to absorb, it isn't even funny! The feeling of being alone in this is all but gone, and now I just have to start to digest everything I have read. maybe even begin to accecpt some of it..lol

#54050 - 04/21/04 07:16 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Ken - we've got at least two things in common....

1/ The reason we are here. 2/ The cracked ribs (done it three times).... hope you're hat-trick isn't kidney stones ..I'm in the process of getting rid of them & you don't want them.

Speedy recovery...Rik

#54051 - 04/22/04 02:38 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by RICK57:
Ken - we've got at least two things in common....

1/ The reason we are here. 2/ The cracked ribs (done it three times).... hope you're hat-trick isn't kidney stones ..I'm in the process of getting rid of them & you don't want them.

Speedy recovery...Rik
Hey Rick..

I found the best thing for speedy recovery and prevention of stones is 100% pure cranberry juice diluted with a little water.

Not that "Ocean Spray" stuff, but the type you get from the health food store.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.