Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (Won'tGiveUp, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444480 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#54025 - 04/17/04 10:06 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Ken,

Welcome. There is no embarassment in getting help coping with what he had done to you. The embarassment, shame, disgust, and you name it is his, that thing that claimed to be a man, a teacher, and a scout leader.

The guys have pretty much said it all. Joe was really on a roll tonight and gave you a lot of good insight along with the others.

Welcome, take care, and don't be afraid or embarassed to ask a question, post a concern or let out a rant.

Take care,
Bill

#54026 - 04/17/04 10:07 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
I just got off the phone with the toronto Rape crisis center.

Probably one of the saddest/funniest experiences of my life.

I'm not sure what i expected, but I did expect her to display some interest..lol. Kinda felt like I woke her up.

I know it was probably a random bad experience, but I'm not sure I'll be calling them back.

Quote:
Originally posted by theo:
ken,
this stuff comes hard won, i assure \:D . do not feel embarrassed by not being able to discover it yourself. when we only have the experience of forcing squares into triangle holes, our way of finding solutions will necessarily be very limited. it begins tonight, my friend. there is an image i frequently use that means a lot to me. it is the image drawn from my thelogy research from a master of the discipline. he speaks of the ever expanding horizon as representing the journey we are on in reaching for the holy and the sacred. to me this is about hope. there have been many times i have felt close to the end. in fact, i tried to commit suicide as a child, and once as an adult. when i am feeling so down, it is a struggle of epic proportions to turn my head to the horizon when it is buried in the dirt, but i succeed somehow. we are here to welcome you. you are no longer alone, ken, we stand with you.

#54027 - 04/17/04 10:24 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
Nancy Offline

Loc: USA
Ken,
Hi, I'm new here too. From a female perspective, I think you're great & doing the right thing by writing to these guys. They will help you & support you & carry you through. I've been on the site for a weeks & I've seen it happen. They are all wonderful. People on this site care. It's like family. Hang in there & know that you have lots of friends here who will listen. Take care of yourself & remember, you are special.
The girl with the big heart,
Nancy

#54028 - 04/17/04 10:32 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
Nancy Offline

Loc: USA
Ken,
One more thing. Remember, you're not alone. And you were never at fault. We care for you & believe in you.
Take care.
The girl with the big heart,
Nancy

#54029 - 04/17/04 10:47 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I know what helped me find a good therapist, it was the Male Survivor Directory. There is a therapist in Toronto on the list.

Jeremy Tomlinson

I know that he will show more interest then the women at the Rape Crisis Center.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#54030 - 04/17/04 10:53 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Ken,

Suggestion...contact "The Men's Project" in Ottawa and ask them to refer you to someone trained in male sexual abuse in Toronto. You can reach them at counsellingservices@themensproject.ca

You can also click on "survivors" at the top of the page and look under "find a therapist". If you need more help don't be afraid to ask.

Taz

#54031 - 04/17/04 10:55 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Ken

Just found a name of a therapist in Toronto who is a member of MaleSurvivor. His name is Jeremy Tomlinson, M.Ed. 416-486-2161. Good luck.

Taz

#54032 - 04/17/04 10:58 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Your crash has mine beat. I mostly broke my ego and my bike. I've had mixed results with the rape crisis centers. One near me has wonderful people who are fully educated and familiar with all kinds of Sexual Assault and Abuse, another has very limited knowledge and resources. Try the one in the next town / county. You can also try looking for a therapist by using the feature on this site. I have contacted one of the ones from this site that is close to me and asked for references to a therapist in my area.

#54033 - 04/17/04 11:46 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
faceinthecrowd Offline

Ken,Welcome////////I also set out to be the man of all men.I also was molested by a trusted teacher.I have had the same feelings and questions loaded with emotion.You are now on your way of becoming a man like no other.A man who is now healing and not hiding.There is no pain like healing.The men here are exceptional,they are well above the worlds definition of what real men are.Deal and heal cause you gotta feel./////////////////faceman

#54034 - 04/17/04 11:58 PM Re: Very embarassed to be here, but not sure where else to go...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Ken,

First, let me say what's already been said. I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad you found this place. Everyone who comes here understands what you've gone through and are going through. You shouldn't feel embarassed, although it's perfectly normal. Everything you feel is normal and to be expected.

Now, to further prove you're not alone in this, I was sexually abused and raped by a school counsellor over the course of, I don't know, months when I was 11 and 12. He did it all at school. I repressed it for over twenty years until you see an adult who feels like it was yesterday.

Everything you're dealing with, the emotional isolation, the embarassment, the shame, ALL of it I've dealt with and continue to deal with.

A couple of things you can't hear enough. Ken, it wasn't your fault. IT WAS NEVER YOUR FAULT. If you take nothing else away from this, take that away with you. YOU WERE NEVER TO BLAME AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ASHAMED.

Also, by talking about it, you're taking back some of the power this animal took from you. And he did take it away, you know it. You've carried this damn secret long enough and you've felt ashamed for too damn long. Talk about it as much as you need to.

I, too, felt I "put up" with the bad stuff (God, just HEARING you say that, I felt your pain because I SAID THE SAME THING!) in order to get the love I felt I should. NEVER, NEVER FEEL THAT YOU HAVE TO "TRADE" LOVE. This monster taught you this, and it's the biggest lie of them all. What you did, and how you felt, was what a child would feel. There's no shame in it. The abuser used this to get what he wanted and it was NEVER your fault.

There's a lot of wisdom here, a lot of support. Without this board, I would be dead now. Come here as often as you need to and vent, post, observe, whatever you need to. I for one am excited to hear what you have to say.

One last thing, Ken. There's something I always say to any new brother I meet here. It's a bit offputting to some, because of what we may have experienced. But I mean it truly and I feel you need to hear it. I love you, Ken. There's no strings attached to it and I want nothing in return.

PM me or any of the other brothers if you feel the need to. We're always here for you.

Peace and love, Ken. You've found a good place to start healing.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.