Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64201 Topics
448028 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#534 - 03/13/06 01:02 PM Re: How much for a wank??
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I hear you dude!!

Hey, write to the London Daily Telegraph or another major newspaper and tell them exactly what you just said here!!

#535 - 03/13/06 03:19 PM Re: How much for a wank??
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
JapanZen,

I agree with Hauser. I would write something framed within the context of the general lack of seriousness with which cases of abuse of boys are regarded. Show your anger but keep the language clean (if sending a letter to a broadsheet). Keep your letter brief and send it by email. Some papers require that now.

Good luck!

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#536 - 03/13/06 10:20 PM Re: How much for a wank??
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Zen
this bullshit from our Gov't makes me furious.

I know of a case where two members of the same family were awarded vastly didfferent amounts as compensation for two very opposite incidents, something I can't say here right now unfortunately.
But I know 100% that the facts I have are right.

I also know 100% that there's no possible reasoning or justice to the decisons involved.

I hope your protests are heard.

Dave

#537 - 03/14/06 02:11 AM Re: How much for a wank??
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm here in your corner JZ.

Best wishes and lots of love,

John

#539 - 03/14/06 12:07 PM Re: How much for a wank??
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
I am afraid is often little justice in the courts. a tractor/trailer plowed through three cars, including my wife's. our son had to be cut out of the rear, and my wife's left arm went numb. to this day, if she moves the wrong way it acts up and goes numb. she will have to live with it for the rest of her life, and the courts felt 15,000 dollars plus medical bills was fair, but then i got thinking, what price do you put on something like that? what price do you put on your innocence and your life? i dont know, but the money they gave her wasnt fair, and the money they have offered you isnt. it needs to be enough to bring some feeling of punishment and justice. it doesnt matter if you never see a penny. the damage is done, but it would be nice if the judgments felt like justice instead of a slap on the wrist. sorry for your struggle. you deserve more.

#540 - 03/14/06 02:41 PM Re: How much for a wank??
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
JapanZen,

Good luck with this. Regardless of the outcome, it's good for you that you are voicing your rage and did not just take this without complaint. It is so important for us to find our voice again.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#541 - 03/14/06 04:18 PM Re: How much for a wank??
timsutt67 Offline

Loc: Florida
Good luck on your quest, bro. I'm sorry to hear that "they" think your pain is worth so little, but then again "they" truly have no comprehension of what you endured, and endure to this day.

#542 - 03/16/06 12:22 PM Re: How much for a wank??
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
I think all monetary compensations are quick get-aways from a guilt ridden reality, be it a government or any charitable person.

First of all the goverment need not pay any compensation to a victim of abuse, because it is not its responsiblity.

It is just like the rich, feeling guilty about being rich and dropping a shilling to a beggar's bowl or attending a charity ball, once a year.

That way it is just disrespects to the cause and to the person.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#545 - 03/18/06 07:32 AM Re: How much for a wank??
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Can anything compensate for your loss of years and for your tears?

Can anything make up for it?

I think yes, our actions and learnings from it.

Today I realize that just because I was able to transform my life using my childhood experiences as a guiding light I am a better man today. Having seen the darkest corner to humanity somehow catapulted into the becoming the shining light of humanity. That has been the gift of my abuse story.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#546 - 03/18/06 03:43 PM Re: How much for a wank??
Steven Heath Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York City
JZ.......what really infuriates me the most...is that governments award you a few dollars and that's it.....no offer of free therapy for you...instead the government is spending so much more money to pay for your father's prison stay and i'm sure his therapy....i really feel for you....it's so disrespectful.....and yet another example of the added abuse vicims like us must endure even when one like you with the bravery to come forward must go through....your friend.....steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.