Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (petercorbett, Bardo, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444507 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#53539 - 07/12/03 09:57 PM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Gentlemen,

I am still flabbergasted. Thank you all for being the final BIG piece to this puzzle. Everyone of you is a key player in my healing, and the healing of my deeply wounded family.

I have never been so eager to go home. To experience the return of the family bond that had been breached for 40 years is just exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.

I am speechless. I am Sans Logos.

Ron

#53540 - 07/13/03 12:20 AM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
martin Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Good Earth
Ron,

I came late to this story. Congratualtions it is truly inspirational and redeeming to see that you got such a response from your mother.

I also wish to commend you on your consideration on becoming an advocate. It is the direction I hope and beleive that I am headed. Though I think I have a way to go on my journey befor i get to that point.

Go ahead my brother, speak the demons name, let the light shine in to clean out this infection.

You have my full support and encouragement.

God Bless,

Aaron

Its times like these time & time again.
-The Foo Fighters

#53541 - 07/13/03 01:32 PM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
Schools, churches may be able to make these available as PSA's to their general populations. We could contact them & offer ourselves as speakers, much in same way that recovery groups do. Of course, we must not do this on our own, but under the auspices of a valid research oriented organization such as MS. We could become somehow become certified or trained by attending classes that would be sponsored by MS or its agency.
Ron,

Great ideas! Keep that stream of conciousness flowing towards us.

I took a quick look at the Committee de>

#53542 - 07/13/03 06:08 PM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
Mark Crawford Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ron, I want to apologize for not getting back to you sooner as I was on vacation.

Thank you for your interest in working with the now forming "activism and advocacy committee". There is much to be done here and it will take the efforts of you and others like yourself to keep this ball rolling.

I have many ideas but amending some state laws and eliminating the statute of limitations for crimes committed against children are some things I have been working on here in New Jersey for the past several years. We certainly need to educate others as to the profound impact, sexual abuse imposes on the lives of those victimized.

I am currently working on several ideas for this committe and hope to present these ideas to our board before proceeding.

I am excited to say I have recieved requests by a number of individuals who wish to assist us in these endeavours. It will take many individuals who are willing to make a difference, each helping in his or her own way.

Perhaps we can meet as a group in Minneapolis as I will be at the conference?

I have just sent you a private e-mail and will be in touch again very soon.

Again, THANK YOU for offering your support.

Lastly...BRAVO, FANTASTIC!!! The letter you wrote to your mom and dad was great. I am glad to see that your mom (after all these years) so positively validated your years of suffering at your brothers hands. It is not very uncommon for families to resist admitting that those closest to us can perpatrate such harm upon others. This must be very empowering to you! I imagine it might make talking about this with them a bit easier when you get home...but they too may still have a ways to go so (as you were in the letter) be gentle.

Regards,
Mark Crawford
MaleSurvivor

#53543 - 07/13/03 07:26 PM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Mark,

No problem. I am just glad we connected. I want to make sure that I am in on the ground level when the ball gets rolling.

I look forward to meeting you at the conference.

Ron

#53544 - 07/15/03 02:41 AM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
It does my heart good to see all you guys willing to stand up and be heard. We need to open up and let the truth about CSA be known to all. I learned a lot from my work at the MN state capital this last year.
#1 If we speak they will listen and begin to understand.
#2 It is most important to reach out to the children ,educate them about CSA and that they should come forward if it ever happens to them.

It would be nice to find some money in the form of a endollment that would be there year after year to cover expences. We need some one like Bill Gates to contrib big money to get this started. Maybe we can team up with other org. like the National Childrens Defence Fund or the Jacob Wetterling Foundation.
Lets keep the ideas moving forward. Muldoon

#53545 - 07/16/03 09:20 AM Re: 7-10-03: The day I became Flabbergasted!
ernie Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Portland, Maine
Ron,
I am sorry that I did not get to read your post earlier. What a brave and courageous thing you did. My father and major prep( his brother) are deceased however I finally was able to get it all out to their last surviving relative. I know it hurt for her to hear it all, but, I had to say it, I had to tell someone what a monster this man was.
You must be relieved, keep plugging along, we all have our set backs but the movement forward can be great if we let it.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.