Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441307 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#53501 - 03/13/03 03:24 PM New emotions
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
My head is in bits at the moment.

All these new feelings that are crashing in at the moment all to do with my best freind my dog Oliver. He is getting on in dog years (84)and he has been my faithful beautiful dog. All through the end of my alcoholism and drug addiction he was always there with his back against mine, just breathing deeply, letting me know that he was there. He sleeps by my side of the bed and he is the first thing I see every morning.

It has slowly dawned on me (especially today)that Oliver and I are soon to say goodbye to each other and I feel so wretched and so fu*king useless.

Please forgive this load of confused thinking I just need to get it out. I have been in tears for most of the day and i cant seem to stop. I just pray that I can hold it together till the fateful day arrives.

Oliver, I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge.
My beautiful, beautiful dog

Any advice for dealing with grief most welcome as all these feelings are new. \:\(

And all that was left was hope

Archnut

#53502 - 03/13/03 03:38 PM Re: New emotions
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kirk
You and Oliver have seen some times eh ?

And I bet he's never complained or got on your case once, friends just dont do that.

My T always refered to dealing with what I'd lost as a kid as grieving, something we're still doing now.
It's not easy to have some more I know, but at least we do have our support in place.

'later
Dave

#53503 - 03/18/03 09:44 AM Re: New emotions
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Archnut,
I didn't post on this earlier because I didn't know what to say. I still don't. It's tough to lose a close friend like that. I lost my childhood dog last year and it was tough, no doubt about it. And my other dog, Gig, certainly went into a depression immediatly after she passed away. The great thing is that the two of us have bonded quite well since then. And Gig certainly knows when I have a bad day. He's right by my side when I do. I can't even ponder losing him, but he's young so we have lots of time together.
I hope all is well.
Mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.