Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#53470 - 04/17/04 06:06 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
JAAY Offline

Loc: NYC
You should be proud of yourself! I remember walking around for a week before getting my med filled at the drug store. I had taken been taking with a therapist and the meds help me cope with sll the things I was unloading. It was enpowering to help myself. Good luck! \:\)

#53471 - 04/17/04 07:53 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Marc
isn't it a wonderful feeling when the person you tell doesn't recoil in horror ?
And it's gets better Marc, every time you tell it the 'secret' gets less.

I'm proud of you !

Dave

#53472 - 04/17/04 07:57 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
Arthur Offline

Loc: Florida
\:D \:D \:D \:D ;\)

I'm feeling really proud and happy for you. It's a big scary step and you took it! Good for you.

Art

#53473 - 04/17/04 08:06 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
A really wise step Marc. Feelings can jump all over the place, but at least here we all understand and can support you in the bad and the good.

Peace!

Bob

#53474 - 04/18/04 04:38 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
Thomas Offline

Loc: boise
POSSIBLE TRIGGER
Marc,

I know I'm posting this rather late, but oh, well, better late than never. Telling another person face to face is an enormously difficult thing to do(or at least it was for me), although it was inevitable in my case. I experienced a flashback during a session with my therapist when we were talking about something else :rolleyes: ! I found that once the secret was out(and I didn't even know it was there) that the poison began to drain.

Good for you, Marc. Let the healing begin.

Tom

#53475 - 04/19/04 01:29 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Marc; Well here I am again late as usual. Wow. It is out. The dirty little secret of your Perp. And the P said. Marc I believe you. Sure you got emotional. Three things happened Marc.
1. He listened 2.He believed and 3. In his mind you are a strong man that needs help and is setting about doing it the right way.

It is like lancing a boil Marc. No more hiding for the perps.

God I am so proud of you and so very happy you did come back.

I am also glad that you thought of the rope as a life line. That means so much to all of us here. It is called trust and to be trusted his food for the soul

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.