Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cam76, maxxie, 1 invisible), 59 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62512 Topics
438095 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#53460 - 04/16/04 07:12 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
\:D

Once the faucet is open, the pressure goes away, doesn't it?

I know, not completely. But it's the first step. And Marc, trust me, it DOES get better.

It ain't the end, not by a LONG shot, but it's the end of the beginning.

The road gets more level. Bumpy to be sure, but not the great huge hill you saw.

I'm very proud of you, my brother. You need anything, I'm here.

Peace and love (and why can't I see you at the top of the screen? \:\) )

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#53461 - 04/16/04 07:34 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
\:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) Today is a five smiley day. Congrats Marc.

#53462 - 04/16/04 08:06 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Marc,
I'm glad you had a good session with your psychologist, its a great feeling after telling someone face to face. I had the same trouble, I just couldn't say it. I knew that this person was a professional but I guess I felt like if I didn't say it it wouldn't be real. But it is real, and I did say it and it felt great.

Congrats, I'm here for you man, and

I BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#53463 - 04/16/04 08:39 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Marc,

That is a big step forward, you are on your way. Forward.
My phychiatrist was the first person I told, basically because he was the first to ask. My therapist was the second for the same reason. I should have done that years (and years) before. Better late than never.

Journey well,
Bill

#53464 - 04/16/04 09:24 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
swartzhund Offline

Loc: Michigan
Way to go Marc! Keep coming back, we need people like you around here. Stories like yours makes me want to take that step too.

#53465 - 04/16/04 11:23 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
faceinthecrowd Offline

Marc,To say what happened to someone else cannot be compared to anything.It is a gut wrenching like no other.I was 40 ,28 yrs. after Iwas molested before it was spoken.It was 6 yrs later when I finally started dealing with it.Deal now Marc,keep the healing going.You are not alone.What you did today helped more people than you can know.////////////////facewhatyoucanasyoucanbutfaceit

#53466 - 04/17/04 12:03 AM Re: Goal 1 achieved
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
Congratulations on making that hard first step! I am proud of you, my brother. I believe you! I am sad it happened to you, but you can get through this. I believe in you!
Casey

#53467 - 04/17/04 02:03 AM Re: Goal 1 achieved
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Marc, my brother and my friend, I am so proud of you I could bust! Our shoulders are always here to lean on...as yours has been there for me when I needed it. Again, I am so proud of you, man. Well All right, then!

Philip

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

#53468 - 04/17/04 06:31 AM Re: Goal 1 achieved
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Marc,
Quote:
There are no more secrets.
Doesn't that part feel so much better?

Congratulations, Marc, you took a big step. Things do get better because you're making it so.

Thanks,

Joe

#53469 - 04/17/04 05:30 PM Re: Goal 1 achieved
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Great news, Marc. And I really like what you said about the rope because it seems we all do that at times.

We throw ropes for ourselves and each other to hang on to.

The best thing is, when you have a lot of ropes all together, you make nets, and rope ladders; Places where you're caught safely, and places where you climb back up.

That's a great image for what we have here; Safety nets and ladders- Lifelines all over the place.

Thanks for reminding me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.