Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 17 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63847 Topics
445821 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#53005 - 07/09/03 09:48 AM Obessive Compulsive Disorder Problems
RemittentPeace Offline

Thanks all for your thoughts.

#53006 - 07/09/03 10:51 AM Re: Obessive Compulsive Disorder Problems
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Hi Remittent:
You have some issues here that sound like more than the support and experienced-based advice of folks around here can give you. (I'm not discounting the contributions of others here at all, it's just that professional help is needed.)

You wrote:
Quote:
Seeking psychological help is not a option b/c there is a good possibility I may be put in a mental hospital against my will based on my symptoms and issues (for ex, If I have a memory-triggered seizure in the pool when I was by myself, I would probably die)
You can't be involuntarily committed to a mental hospital based on symptoms and issues unless they are blatant threats to harm yourself or others. The medical conditions you write about are hardly suicidal or homicidal-- the only grounds for involuntary commitment, as far as I've ever heard. I don't think there is much difference from state to state about commitment criteria. Please don't let that stand in the way of getting help.

Ken

#53007 - 07/09/03 10:55 AM Re: Obessive Compulsive Disorder Problems
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
RemittentPeace,

You were in medical school. Can you do some research online and/or at a medical school library on the kinds of meds available for OCD today? You have a big advantage if you are able to read and properly understand the medical literature.

I hope it's possible that you can arm yourself with facts and find a competent caring professional to help you deal with this. You may have to avoid things like swimming, driving, etc. if the seizures are very bad.

HTH,

Joe

#53008 - 07/09/03 11:45 AM Re: Obessive Compulsive Disorder Problems
RemittentPeace Offline

Sorry about posting all this.

#53009 - 07/09/03 11:50 AM Re: Obessive Compulsive Disorder Problems
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hello RemittentPeace,

Ken has said what you need to hear. We can surely support you and encourage you.

Sexual Abuse does awful things to us. But, we slowly get some, if not most, of our lives back.

You surely need friends close by. We are here, but at times I suspect you need someone beside you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.