Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447718 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52777 - 03/12/03 10:22 PM Re: In college, away from home and dealing with past sa
bisulatino Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Thanks everyone for your support and sharing your stories. Reading them leaves me with a feeling of disbelief at how many survivors there are with so many different stories, and at the same time make me feel that I am not as alone. I'm going to try to work the guts up to talk to my professors.

As of now I'm no longer seeing a therapist because our school has limited staff available but am working on seeing an off campus therapist, one that my parent's insurance will cover. I am also in a student support group focused on our families of origin but I don't feel this one helps me much because they mainly talk about fighting with their parents, not past physical abuse and sexual abuse. I'm going to ask the student counseling center if they know of any male survivor support groups. Needless to say mid-semester creating my support is proving difficult and hurting my progress... but let's hope that my professor give me a second chance when I talk to them about my problems.

#52778 - 03/13/03 12:12 AM Re: In college, away from home and dealing with past sa
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Jer:

I might be coming up to PA for a retreat in May, with Mike Lew!

You can run my friend but you can't hide! :p \:D

As to there being 2 Victors here, I guess us two Victors will have to work that out. Maybe VictorW
for me and VictorB for our new Victor. Maybe New Victor & Old Victor. Or how about Victor Young Man and Victor Old Fart?

Me I'm flexible. I've had a lot of names and I've been called a lot of things!... \:o \:\)

So what do you think new Victor?

Old Victor

#52779 - 03/13/03 12:39 AM Re: In college, away from home and dealing with past sa
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Victor my loves goes out to you. I am sorry that I did not post a reply to you sooner. I can only say that for my self I have gone through some of the same abuse. I was abued by my older cousins and lots of other people. I moved away from my home town about six months ago. I live 2,136 miles from my family. I am a year younger then you are.

Their is no norm to healing from sa. The way you feel is completely "normal" I am glad to hear that your T is helping you. I have been feeling sad alot lately I left behind everything I knew and loved and I have really started to deal with my sa.

This board has helped me a great deal. You are in a safe place to heal my friend. Please know that you are totally "normal," well what every normal menas. Please join me one day in the chatroom.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.