Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
5 registered (86, Bluedogone, I Want 2 Thrive, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#52008 - 12/19/06 03:59 AM Re: Me
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

you know the big thing here? you werent afraid of sitting with him huh? thats healing . adam

#52009 - 12/19/06 06:48 PM Re: Me
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

#52010 - 12/19/06 10:27 PM Re: Me
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hauser, hey its great the way kids translate things and their world is not hurt.
They give me strength in knowing not all kids are hurt.

They are every bit as magic as their world around them is, be part of it, \:\)

ste

#52011 - 12/20/06 11:52 AM Re: Me
Thomson Offline

Hauser,

It was greart reading your story and how you came out of all the problems, this is recovery.

And your experience with danny was the most amazing thing \:\)

#52012 - 12/20/06 04:18 PM Re: Me
george of kent Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: delaware
Hauser,
Brian said it best: "It's unfortunate that most survivors are the last people to realize just how special they really are."
For over 50 years I devalued (or disvalued) all my positive accomplishments because I had been taught by my abuser(s) that I was only good at one thing - providing sexual service.
I had something of an "Aha!" moment just a few days ago, when my viewpoint shifted and I realized that there are many aspects of my life of which I can and should be very proud and for which I should be grateful. Until that moment, in my eyes it was all dull, uninteresting and worth next to nothing.
Wishing you happy holidays and an "Aha!" moment or two of your own.
Much love, etc.,

Someone must take a stand -- Coward, take my coward's hand"
Arthur Laurents

#52013 - 12/20/06 05:12 PM Re: Me
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hauser,

Quote:
How many times do I have to prove to myself that I'm not evil or bad? How many times is enough? How can I ever feel good about who I am if I have to deal with these kinds of attractions?

I now wish that I was violently attacked and raped when I was little, instead of being manipulated and groomed. It led me to believe, for too long, that I am something I am NOT.
The first paragraph strikes us all, we all think or thought the same way..

The second paragraph is contradictory as it happened to me with different but similar results.
I was violently attacked which in itself is unusual for a perp.

I have no 'real' trust in ppl, I lived a childhood in blind terror scared to go out, even to school.
That (terror) is still with me, forever,

ste

Never wish for something like that,

#52014 - 12/27/06 05:44 PM Re: Me
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Reading your story has moved me a great deal. I am very saddend to read how your life has been destroyed. But you have found the strength and the courage to tell us. I take my hat off to you, you are a very strong person.

It is so easy to say "what if....." I do it everyday. Please be strong.

a freind
Duncan

#140885 - 02/09/07 03:20 PM Re: [Re: Hauser]
dean1320 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA , US
i know brother that you are hurting. i have been in your shoes. as long as you haven't hurt anyone, that's ok. the victim need not be the victimizer. peace be with your heart

#140886 - 02/09/07 03:21 PM Re: [Re: Hauser]
dean1320 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA , US
i know brother that you are hurting. i have been in your shoes. as long as you haven't hurt anyone, that's ok. the victim need not be the victimizer. peace be with your heart

#140889 - 02/09/07 03:59 PM Re: [Re: dean1320]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Al, you have to base the fact that you were very young at the time, and kids do explore each other, abused or not.
I dont think it would have such a negative impact, even in todays law, it would be trivial.

"As 6th grade had come around my grades starting going downhill and I was totally sexually confused. All of the boys were talking about girls and I was looking at boys. To this day I have NO idea if, were I to have been left alone and had a chance to grow up “normal”"

I did much the same thing, but looked at boys, and just wanted to be them, like I was jealous of not having the same freedom they enjoyed.

When I see the pics of guys who survived, it gives me strength to think, hey these guys look good, not sad wrecks! Maybe inside, but outside they shine,

ste

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.