Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444504 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#5170 - 09/12/02 12:06 AM things can get better
ARW Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: LA
finally got a job in my own darn country. First real one in seven years. The relief is overwhelming. Couldn't have done it without the therapy, the anti-d's, sobriety, having the courage to finally come out of my shell. Still so far to go. Miles. But I feel like a present, adult member of my family for the first time in my life. I look at myself in the mirror and am beginning to see a man and not a child. I never thought I would. I never even imagined what I looked like as an adult, what other people saw every day is nothing on what I saw, still see on the bad days. But today is a big move forward. SO, SO, SO glad to have you guys to share it with. My brothers in arms.

Al

The mind-forged manacles I hear.
-William Blake

#5171 - 09/12/02 05:44 AM Re: things can get better
Roy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Off the hook, dude!!! Congratulations! Thats great news, knowing what you've been going through lately. Maybe some of your good employment luck will rub off on me. Very happy for you man.

Roy

#5172 - 09/12/02 01:25 PM Re: things can get better
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Awesome news Al, I hope things continue to get better, wishing that the ups outwiegh the downs for a while!

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#5173 - 09/12/02 08:33 PM Re: things can get better
JamesMichael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Congratulations, ARW!

#5174 - 09/12/02 10:50 PM Re: things can get better
ARW Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: LA
Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. Had a WAY rocky moment today - I think it's the old psycho inner critic just reminding me of his presence. Saying, you'l fail. Bad Idea! etc.
Screw him, right? Fuckin' A.

The mind-forged manacles I hear.
-William Blake

#5175 - 09/13/02 12:23 PM Re: things can get better
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Exactly!

That voice is not your friend,, and he is not you.

Your the one who is listening,, and you dont have to listen.

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#5176 - 09/13/02 12:27 PM Re: things can get better
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
FAIL ????

Why should that happen ? It's not part of the contract that we are BOUND to fail.
And anyway, what the hell do psycho inner critics know ?

Lloydy \:D

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.