Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (manipulated, Shyshark, GT13568, 0128), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51116 - 07/14/06 04:45 AM I took a break, a mistake
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
I took a break from MaleSurvivor. Didn't come around much. Oh I would log in and read a few posts but didn't reply much or post very often. I was going slow.

I learned something. I learned that if I am not actively growing, I'm dying. Oh I suppose I could have taken a break from the MS boards and been ok if I had continued to work on healing in some other way but I just took a break from it all and started to slip back to where I was months ago.

So here I am, getting back on track.

Love ya,

Darrel

#51117 - 07/14/06 04:57 AM Re: I took a break, a mistake
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Perhaps it just wasn't quite that right time for you to move on huh? Some like to stay even after recovery. I think I will always find my was back here, once in a while, just to see if there is someone with a story that I might be able to share with or relate to or help with.

#51118 - 07/14/06 05:15 AM Re: I took a break, a mistake
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
Hi Darrel,

It's nice to see you here agian. It's not the same without you. I appreciated the PM the other day. I like having you around. Your a good friend.

Dale

#51119 - 07/14/06 07:26 AM Re: I took a break, a mistake
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, I noticed you were absent a lot, but everyone else has been gone a bunch too. Figured it was just the way things are in the summer.

Glad you're back.

Love you, Bro.

John

#51120 - 07/14/06 08:54 AM Re: I took a break, a mistake
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Darrel,

its OK to slow down, I do it.
At least you are showing that you need to take care of yourself, and do things in your own time.

Take it easy,

ste

#51121 - 07/14/06 07:12 PM Re: I took a break, a mistake
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
Darrel,
Same thing sort of happened to me from the middle of June to the first of July. You're right, if you're not growing, you're dying. It's sort of painful to get back into it...denial is such a nice place to be...kidding...sort of.
Glad you're back!
Paul

#51122 - 07/14/06 07:53 PM Re: I took a break, a mistake
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Darrel,

The way I think of it is the way they do physical therapy or exercise - if you can't feel the pain, then it's not working. It's the same with healing emotionally from all this. If we're working at it, but it all feels fluffy and good, well, we're probably not making much progress.

Glad to have you back on board. Your insights are always helpful to me.

#51123 - 07/17/06 10:29 PM Re: I took a break, a mistake
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Darrel - sometimes I come here and post every night. Other times I say nothing for weeks. There are no rules other than: "We do what is best for us at the time"

This place is about us...this is one place where we are all important! Use it for what you need, that puts you in a better place to help others.

Be strong, best wishes ...Rik

#51124 - 07/18/06 06:03 PM Re: I took a break, a mistake
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i only stay away when i'm too ashmed of myself to talk .

#51125 - 07/18/06 08:47 PM Re: I took a break, a mistake
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Darrel,

It's already a great thing when we can view ourselves honestly enough to see what we need to do. I am so glad you returned. I have been erratic myself in past weeks, and I assumed that you were on vacation or busy with other things.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.