Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63105 Topics
441302 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#51014 - 05/27/05 09:01 PM sleeping
sabooka Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: I would like to know also
For the last couple of night s my wife has told me that I am talking and acting strangely in my sleep.

For example, last night I apparently moved quickly in to here arms and started saying that I needed her to protect me, then I told her how much I needed her and then went back to sleep.

I don't remember any of this and she says it has been happening quite often.

When she tells me this I feel a little ashamed and childish.
Does anyone else have experiances like this?

#51015 - 05/27/05 09:52 PM Re: sleeping
scooter Offline

I sleep pretty hard at night and don't move, but I know the feeling, but sometimes it's during sex. I am in the wrong body at that time. I feel like a little child and I feel weird that I can't feel my body or sense that I have grown into a man. And I think that your de>

#51016 - 05/27/05 10:22 PM Re: sleeping
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I do stuff like that in my sleep, too. Except most of the time I'm running or defending myself against my attacker and my poor wife is getting beat up in the process, holding my arm, trying to wake me up. She feels terrible about it, because she can tell what I'm doing. I don't ever remember these episodes. I guess I never wake up enough to even know it happened. Unless of course I hear myself yelling in my sleep. I guess all the noise wakes me up.
\:\)

Unfortunately, sleepless nights and crazy dreams come with what we've been through. My wife would probably be a lot happier if I rushed into her arms instead of kicking her in the middle of the night. I'm not ashamed of it, though. I mean, I can't help what happens when I'm asleep. Don't be too down on yourself over things we can't control. You're doing the best you can.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#51017 - 05/28/05 12:11 AM Re: sleeping
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast
i have bad dreams a lot too

i cry in my dreams and say stuff about being sorry, and asking them not to hurt me anymore. my sister has to wake me up, her boyfriend had to wake me up last night cos she couldn't. it was very embarassing but i didn't care, i spilled my guts out to him and told him what happened and it was a pretty scary but somewhat good thing that happened. all day today he's been really protective of me, kinda like the big brother i never had. its cool.

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#51018 - 05/29/05 01:10 AM Re: sleeping
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
My history with sleep is spotty at best, as I grew up only being allowed three to four hours each night (now I can sleep five or even six sometimes, another improvement!)

But yes, even with sleep, I have tendencey to move a lot, and talk a lot, even if I do not recall dreaming. My girlfriend, when we are together, says 'The least you could do is speak in English and be interesting'. Oh well, like I have control of it!

I think it is a very common thing, to have various sleep disturbances when new, or even not so new dealing with these issues. Sleep medication, they can of course help with sleep, but I do not know that they really sedate the mind enough to close off the extraneous movement and speech. I think that is something that needs 'working through'. It is my assumption, the more you talk of something in your conscious, waking mind (like therapy or such), the less you will need to in sleep.

Good luck,

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#51019 - 05/30/05 01:58 AM Re: sleeping
Green Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC, NY
Many survivors experience sleep difficulties. I have hurt myself while sleep walking.

Green

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.