Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (peroperic2009, randombreeze), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63230 Topics
442166 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#50254 - 12/28/04 12:38 PM Re: Trust
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I know that many dont think God exists in here, that is up to themselves, but I know one thing.

Without him picking me up every time I fell, I would not have the strength to get this far,

Peace,

ste

#50255 - 12/29/04 10:00 PM Re: Trust
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Reality, I am sure they do believe. Or at least want to.

But for most the disconnection happened with abuse. As in...How could God let that happen to me? For most as I once wrote..God died that night.

But then gradually as I am beginning to take the responsibililty of my own abuse as it being the result of my own past life Karma and above all forgive myself for that, without blame, I am begining to reconnect with my own divinity, my own essence which is God.

I am in gratitude of this experience that allowed me reach to my deepest core thru pain.

I think all my anger towards God fell apart when I was told by my guru that it is we who
co-author our life>

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#50256 - 12/29/04 10:13 PM Re: Trust
PiePro Offline

Loc: Montreal
Not trusting anyone has just isolated me. With this isolation, my ego took over. I did not need or want anyone in my life. Then came the auto-destruction.

I have learn to be careful instead of being wary. I am no longer a child.

I need to learn to be vulnerable. There is always a chance that someone will hurt me in a relationship, that is human.

#50257 - 12/30/04 03:04 PM Re: Trust
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I think that trust is not something to be taken for granted, but something earned. It is like at this site. When I do come here to respond to things, I generally will respond to everything in this forum and the member forum that I haven't already responded to. That includes to things posted by new people, like yourself, I do not know. That I respond to people I don't know, yes, I am accepting at 'face value' that they are here as a male survivor seeking help. That is one level of trust I suppose. But I am not posting my home telephone number or address here either! ;\)

I just feel that to trust someone to quickly, it is not meant to be in that way. Trust occurs over time, not just as a singular event. That goes for everything in my life. Even people I have known for long time, people I have not been given reason to distrust, I can be wary of at times. That is me, that is a remnent of the abuse, and that is my issue. But it is also a safety net for me, and I do not plan to discard it.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.