Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
6 registered (traveler, thedudeabides, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64016 Topics
446765 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#50254 - 12/28/04 12:38 PM Re: Trust
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I know that many dont think God exists in here, that is up to themselves, but I know one thing.

Without him picking me up every time I fell, I would not have the strength to get this far,

Peace,

ste

#50255 - 12/29/04 10:00 PM Re: Trust
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Reality, I am sure they do believe. Or at least want to.

But for most the disconnection happened with abuse. As in...How could God let that happen to me? For most as I once wrote..God died that night.

But then gradually as I am beginning to take the responsibililty of my own abuse as it being the result of my own past life Karma and above all forgive myself for that, without blame, I am begining to reconnect with my own divinity, my own essence which is God.

I am in gratitude of this experience that allowed me reach to my deepest core thru pain.

I think all my anger towards God fell apart when I was told by my guru that it is we who
co-author our life>

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#50256 - 12/29/04 10:13 PM Re: Trust
PiePro Offline

Loc: Montreal
Not trusting anyone has just isolated me. With this isolation, my ego took over. I did not need or want anyone in my life. Then came the auto-destruction.

I have learn to be careful instead of being wary. I am no longer a child.

I need to learn to be vulnerable. There is always a chance that someone will hurt me in a relationship, that is human.

#50257 - 12/30/04 03:04 PM Re: Trust
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I think that trust is not something to be taken for granted, but something earned. It is like at this site. When I do come here to respond to things, I generally will respond to everything in this forum and the member forum that I haven't already responded to. That includes to things posted by new people, like yourself, I do not know. That I respond to people I don't know, yes, I am accepting at 'face value' that they are here as a male survivor seeking help. That is one level of trust I suppose. But I am not posting my home telephone number or address here either! ;\)

I just feel that to trust someone to quickly, it is not meant to be in that way. Trust occurs over time, not just as a singular event. That goes for everything in my life. Even people I have known for long time, people I have not been given reason to distrust, I can be wary of at times. That is me, that is a remnent of the abuse, and that is my issue. But it is also a safety net for me, and I do not plan to discard it.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.