Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (BraveFalcon, Obi, traveler, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445466 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#4979 - 04/12/03 04:47 AM Trouble posting Private Messages
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I suppose that I should send this to our site administrator but it involves all of us. Just wrote a "great" private message and it wouldn't post and erased itself instead.
Two things--Private Messages can be retrieved through the "My Profile" link at the top of this and other pages.
Second, I'm not able to "review Posts." Anyone else having the same problem.
David

#4980 - 04/12/03 07:01 AM Re: Trouble posting Private Messages
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
They seem to take longer to send that is about the only thing I ahve noticed.

Nathan

#4981 - 04/12/03 12:21 PM Re: Trouble posting Private Messages
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
David
I've checked your settings for you and everythings ok so you should be able to PM without any trouble.

But as Nathan points out it's as slow as cold molasses ! and I have no idea why that is, although another site I use that uses Infopop software is the same.

AOL sometimes throws me out if it thinks I'm doing nothing and I lose what I've doing.
So if I'm doing a long post I use 'Notepad' - that I have an icon for on the bottom toolbar - to write the post, then I copy & paste it into the required place. It's saved a lot of cursing I promise you.

Dave

#4982 - 04/12/03 09:01 PM Re: Trouble posting Private Messages
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
PREVIEWING POSTS

Yes, that's working for me - anyone else having problems ?

Dave

#4983 - 04/12/03 09:09 PM Re: Trouble posting Private Messages
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lloydy, or is it, Mr. Lloydy,
Thanks for checking out 'ye ole system. NO wonder this site "works" so well, with folks like you around. I've also tried to PM some of our members, and being that it take some time to learn our way around this site, some of them may not know how to retrieve or check for Private Messagers. I'm hoping that merely writing to you in such a public fashion that others may check more closely.
Thanks again for your attention to detail.
Hoping to be there for you,
David

#4984 - 04/13/03 05:45 PM Re: Trouble posting Private Messages
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Nobody's called me "Mr" for years !!! :rolleyes:

Dave ;\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.