Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
6 registered (focusedbody, 5 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443089 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#49632 - 07/01/01 12:27 PM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
Lance...... First let me say welcome. I'm glad you found your way here and I hope you find this a safe place to share. My abuse was somewhat different than yours (minister of music in the church I attended as a child) but the results were the same. When it came right down to it I wouldn't allow other people to get too close (love) me because of the way I felt about myself. I felt dirty and carried a lot of shame and was afraid if I let them too close they would see the real me. I had to learn to love myself and understand I was a good person before I could allow anyone else to love me. That came through therapy and a survivor's men's group that I attended once a week. It didn't come overnight but I now feel a freedom that's just incredible. It's a freedom to love but also a freedom to receive love. It's a great feeling to be able to open up to the people I care most about (my wife especially) and know that those people will still love me and not see me as ugly (on the inside). But that really came when I stopped viewing myself as ugly. I don't have all the answers but I do know that you need to try and love (or forgive, whichever applys) yourself in order to let someone else love you. Just wanted you to know what worked for me. Good luck in your journey and take special care of yourself.
Wow! Your de>

#49633 - 07/02/01 07:27 PM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lance,
you have taken your first step to healing and I am so happy that you have found this website.

You are not alone. Remember that. If you ever need anyone to talk to you can always come here.

When I was in your position a few years ago I stumbled across a channel on IRC called #Survivors. I didn't even know that this website existed untill I signed up a few weeks ago. On the channel I found a lot of support that I was in desperate need of and found true friends that I could always turn to in times of need. I have now been on the channel for over 3 years now and must say that it was the right thing to do. Without all the support I have got from my web friends I would not be here today.

I know the feelings of being alone, depression (I know all too well about that that's for sure) and having suffered a nervous breakdown I was on anti depressants for some time but thankfully through support, determination and just healing I am off them now.

If you ever need to talk then just call on icq.

Regards

Ingwa

#49634 - 07/03/01 08:31 PM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ingwa:
Lance,
you have taken your first step to healing and I am so happy that you have found this website.

You are not alone. Remember that. If you ever need anyone to talk to you can always come here.

When I was in your position a few years ago I stumbled across a channel on IRC called #Survivors. I didn't even know that this website existed untill I signed up a few weeks ago. On the channel I found a lot of support that I was in desperate need of and found true friends that I could always turn to in times of need. I have now been on the channel for over 3 years now and must say that it was the right thing to do. Without all the support I have got from my web friends I would not be here today.

I know the feelings of being alone, depression (I know all too well about that that's for sure) and having suffered a nervous breakdown I was on anti depressants for some time but thankfully through support, determination and just healing I am off them now.

If you ever need to talk then just call on icq.

Regards

Ingwa

Thank you so much, ingwa. I have noted the information about IRC and plan to explore that, as well. I know that I am in pain right now and need help, and I hope to keep reaching out for support in every way I can. I also hope that I can be of helpo to others in their time of need. I have about 14 years of recovery under my belt, and I know I can get through this rough time as I have gotten through others. I also know that one reason I am having a rough time now is taht I lost my supports here in Cleveland and have been without them for about 5-6 years now. Reconnecting to other survivors is probably the best thing I can do.

Thanks again, ingwa. Hope you have a good 4th of July!

Lance

#49635 - 07/04/01 02:36 AM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to NOMSV. I am hopeful that you will find a great amount of support here. The people who participate here are a wonderful group and I have found this to be a place of comfort for me.

I hope that it is the same for you.

Peace,

Jim

#49636 - 07/04/01 09:00 AM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
bosishere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nashville,tn,usa
Lance, welcome. You say you are have some rough times right now, me too. I always think of me as a little boy when I was abused in a hospital, couldn't walk, and had to lay on my stomach or back for three (3) years. I am now 57 and I do not know why I keep going back to then, and when I didn't see my daddy for three years. Ingwa, what is ICQ you tell Lance about? Lance, I wish none of us were here, but such is life. again, welcome. bye bosishere aka Michael

#49637 - 07/05/01 10:54 AM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
YEAH, WELCOME LANCE.

GETTING TO THE POINT OF WHAT IS BOTHERING US AND HOW WE CAN CHANGE IS DIFFICULT. WE ALL GO THROUGH IT. THAT'S WHY WE COME HERE, TO CRY, VENT, GET ANGRY, ASK QUESTIONS, AND TO GET SUPPORT!

I'M 53 AND JUST HAD SOME FLASHBACKS FROM WHEN I WAS 9 YEARS OLD, WITH MY NEIGHBOR ACCROSS THE STREET! AGAIN, I AM HORRIFIED BY THE PAST. I'LL GET OVER IT, YOU WILL TOO!

TALK ABOUT IT AND GET COUNCILING, IT HELPS, PEACE TO YOU EACH NIGHT, SCOT

#49638 - 07/06/01 02:08 PM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Welcome to NOMSV. I am hopeful that you will find a great amount of support here. The people who participate here are a wonderful group and I have found this to be a place of comfort for me.

I hope that it is the same for you.

Peace,

Jim
Thank you, Jim, for wlecoming me so warmly.

Lance

#49639 - 07/06/01 02:10 PM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bosishere:
Lance, welcome. You say you are have some rough times right now, me too. I always think of me as a little boy when I was abused in a hospital, couldn't walk, and had to lay on my stomach or back for three (3) years. I am now 57 and I do not know why I keep going back to then, and when I didn't see my daddy for three years. Ingwa, what is ICQ you tell Lance about? Lance, I wish none of us were here, but such is life. again, welcome. bye bosishere aka Michael

Thank you, Michael! I, too, wish none of us had to be here, but I am sure glad that we're all here to help one another!

Lance

#49640 - 07/06/01 02:11 PM Re: Alone, Lonely, Depressed...HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by goflyakiteV:
YEAH, WELCOME LANCE.

GETTING TO THE POINT OF WHAT IS BOTHERING US AND HOW WE CAN CHANGE IS DIFFICULT. WE ALL GO THROUGH IT. THAT'S WHY WE COME HERE, TO CRY, VENT, GET ANGRY, ASK QUESTIONS, AND TO GET SUPPORT!

I'M 53 AND JUST HAD SOME FLASHBACKS FROM WHEN I WAS 9 YEARS OLD, WITH MY NEIGHBOR ACCROSS THE STREET! AGAIN, I AM HORRIFIED BY THE PAST. I'LL GET OVER IT, YOU WILL TOO!

TALK ABOUT IT AND GET COUNCILING, IT HELPS, PEACE TO YOU EACH NIGHT, SCOT

Than you, Scoot, for you confidence, sharing and support. It helps me a lot.

Lance

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.