Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442069 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#49548 - 04/11/04 08:44 PM Easter volleyball
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Today was kind of strange. I was physically able to play more games of volleyball than ever before! (We always have volleyball games at my oldest brothers house for Easter) I played for three hours, and only injured myself a bit. I bent my left finger back twice, so it is a bit angry right now.
After we ate, I began to feel the usual discomfort I do around large crowds. One of the men there for some reason set of my panic alarm. I have no clue why. I started feeling like my world was strangling me again, so I had
to get my butt out of their. I am now home wondering why this happened.

#49549 - 04/12/04 05:03 PM Re: Easter volleyball
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I used to get this sudden and completely irrational thought that people I was stood talking to were about to lash out and hit me. Sometimes I even jumped back.
I think it was possibly 'hypervigilance'
There are some old topics about this - try the search facility and see what turns up.

Haven't had that for a year or so now, but it was very common and quite unsttling when I did get it.

I think it went as I regained my self confidence.

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.