Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, Scott1962, Dude, Garf), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64160 Topics
447744 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#4950 - 08/05/04 06:14 PM Re: The Grand Canyon
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Marc
about ten years back we visited the Canyon, and being a keen photographer I got up at about 4 in the morning and walked to a very remote part to capture the sunrise.
I was moved to tears by what confronted me.

At that time I hadn't disclosed to anyone, I was in a bad way and acting out and somehow hiding it all behind my macho act. It's about the only time I can remember crying until I started recovery.

I shot 6 rolls of Fujichrome in about 2 hours, and I have a print on the wall to this day, it still moves me.

Dave

#4951 - 08/06/04 04:52 AM Re: The Grand Canyon
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Marc,

Every once in a while, we are blessed with certain insights, certain revelations. It is like reminders that we are part of the universe, that we are good, we are decent. It is those reminders, those instances, that help us to make through this. You have grown so much since you been here. I am proud of you.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#4952 - 08/06/04 09:50 AM Re: The Grand Canyon
Aden Offline

Marc,

Nice to see you having a good day! Have another one on me. What the heck take two...

Aden

#4953 - 08/06/04 01:13 PM Re: The Grand Canyon
Dan88 Offline

Loc: DC
I love the image you paint of the Grand Canyon. If you have never seen the movie Grand Canyon directed by Lawrnece Kasden, I highly recommend it. The vision you describe of the young children seeing the canyon is captured perfectly in that film.

It truly is one of the most life affirming movies I've ever seen. It speaks to the power we all have to make miracles.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.