Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
8 registered (Jay1159, Carol Ann, aniceguy, Esposa, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#49340 - 07/02/03 09:17 PM Re: i am only me
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Al,

You know, the hardest thing I have ever done was to say to myself, in private, "Bob, you are a damned good man." It seemed so phony. I hated it. It angered me. But, today, I can tell you all on the whole WWW I am a good guy.

I think Al, hard as it might be, it would be good to tell yourself that you are a good man. You are a real man, who went through hell and came out of it. All those things we tell ourselves, that we are fucked up, and no fucking good etc. etc. these are all lies.

Here you are a young man, who was brutalised as a child, and now you are working, and taking care of yourself and doing well. Al, that is important. I will tell you why I see that as important. Twice in my life, for a period of a year once and about nine months another time, I could not work, could not take care of myself, didn't even shower everyday--sometimes only once or twice a week. I was a world wide champion of sleeping.

So, Al, you get up, you go to work, you go to the gym, you care for yourself. That is good man! Sure, you want and will get better. But for now, when a little voice in your head tells you that you are fucked up. tell yourself that you are not fucked up, you are a survivor and you are a lot healthier than guys who really are all fucked up and don't have a clue that they are.

One time a psychiatrist told a class I was in that we can be at ease when a person tells us they think they are going crazy--because truly crazy people would never say that!

You are doing fine and you will do a whole lot better.
Some of the better, just seems to happen. Like coming here and finding out you are not a lone, that people can actually understand, and best of all, finding that you can help someone else by just a few words or a thought.

Make any sense to you Al?

Bob

#49341 - 07/06/03 09:51 AM Re: i am only me
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
"Have you Ever Been in Love" - (Celine Dione) - One Heart -

Have you ever been in love
You could touch the moonlight
When your heart is shooting stars
You're holding heaven in your arms
Have you ever been in love?

Have you ever walked on air, ever
felt like you were dreamin'?
When you never thought it could
But it really feels that good

When your heart is shooting stars
You're holding heaven in your arms

Teh time I spent waiting for something
Taht was heaven sent
When you find it, don't let go
I know.....

Have you ever said a prayer
And found that it was answered
All my hope has been restored
I ain't looking anymore
Have you ever been....

Som place that you ain't leavin'
Somewhere you gonna stay

When you finally found the meanin'
Have you ever felt this way?

The time I spent waiting for something
That was heaven sent
When you find it don't let go
I know....(Alvin)

You can even reach the stars
Doesn't matter near or far
So in love......

Peace my Al.....

Jimmer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.