Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443138 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#49020 - 06/28/01 11:16 PM Anyone from Chicago?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm new to this group. I got here while looking for resources in the Chicago area. Anyone w/ any advice for a newbie? Anyone from this area who knows where I should/could look for help in locating a support group for men survivors of childhood sexual assault?

I learned yesterday that the man who molested me many years ago (mid 70's) is being arrested on 50+ counts of aggravated sexual battery/assault, statutory rape, etc, etc after a 2-3 year investigation. While this is good news, it's brought up all kinds of "junk" having to re-describe a number of the events that occurred when this happened many years ago.

I'd appreciate any help, suggestions, advice anyone has.

Thanks,
Darryn

#49021 - 06/29/01 09:52 AM Re: Anyone from Chicago?
RJD Offline

Loc: jefferson City, Mo,usa
WELCOM TO THE PAGE!
My name is B0B. I could certainly relate to what you posted. I'm in chicago for at least the next year. Would love to meet you for coffee/juice. I would love to be a part of a survivors network here. I live in Hyde Park but could meet you about anywhere. I am not involved with a survivors group here but I did sponsor a 12-step survivors group where I lived before here. I am a full time grad-studentand i have just completed my 1st year. Since I have been here I started a men's support group. While sexual trauma isnot the focus of the group, discussion on any topic (including sexual trauma) is encouraged. The ground rules are about confidentiality and safety. The group votes on new memberships.

--------------------- be gentle with yourself
---------------------------------------- RJD

#49022 - 06/29/01 11:19 AM Re: Anyone from Chicago?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bob (RJD),

Thanks for your reply. I too would like to meet. I'm in the process of getting some referrals for support groups and the like. I'll be happy to share whatever I find out. Am playing phone tag w/ a woman today, have to call her again at 1:30. E-mail me privately and we can figure out when to get together.

Darryn
ddunbarcnm@yahoo.com

#49023 - 06/29/01 01:38 PM Re: Anyone from Chicago?
ScooterSCS Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Hey! I live in the South Burbs and will be here until I leave for school again in late August...if you wanna talk email me at ScooterSCS@hotmail.com

#49024 - 06/29/01 07:02 PM Re: Anyone from Chicago?
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
I got family in Joliet and South Chicago Heights and Crete, all over the place back there, but i am in California, kinda far huh?

Its kewl to hear you guys are from places i know, take care!

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.