Newest Members
Luckylarry1, mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai, ratherbfishing
12809 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (55), Carlos Gerardo (42), FERALFOO (49), Jolly Fisherman (60), Karl (63), MikeInFlorida (53), mizphit09 (38), oktobe_me (54), Yaoichan (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (Banjo596), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12809 Members
75 Forums
66098 Topics
462016 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#487917 - 09/01/15 05:54 PM Minneapolis MST group possibility
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
Posting on behalf of Brian Lewis:

I am respectfully requesting lot of assistance right now from anyone who follows me. If you have an interest in ‪#‎veteran‬ or ‪#‎military‬ issues (especially in Minnesota and western Wisconsin) and can share this status, I would appreciate it.

After a conference today with Mr. Patrick Kelly, Director of the Minneapolis VA Health Care System, I was given his personal assurance that, if we can assemble a group of female ‪#‎MST‬ survivors and a separate group of ‪#‎MaleMST‬ survivors who receive their care from the Minneapolis VAHCS and would be interested in attending a support group, he will establish such groups for both male and female survivors inside his facility of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Right now, Director Kelly is ambivalent about starting a mixed gender process group for MST, so we need a sustainable nucleus of about 6 survivors from each gender. To be clear, even if we cannot get a sustainable nucleus of both genders, whichever one that gets to a sustainable nucleus will go forward.

If you would be interested in participating in such a peer-to-peer support group, please contact whoever shared this status and give them permission to share your information with me, or private message me directly, and let's make this happen.

Thanks in advance for helping Protect Our Defenders and bringing this service to survivors of sexual assault/harassment in the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), either through sharing this status or stepping up and participating in this endeavor.

Also - MST care is free of cost in VA. I'll even help veterans get registered in VA if they want to join this group.

#488002 - Yesterday at 11:51 PM Re: Minneapolis MST group possibility [Re: Chris Anderson]
Luckylarry1 Offline

Loc: S/E Indiana and Tampa Florda
I appreciate your efforts in Minnesota. I am new to this site and have only been in VA counseling for 18 months. I have yet to find a group of men who experienced MST.
I am not comfortable with discussing my issues, yet help is so very hard to find.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.