Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
2 registered (Vedder32, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63420 Topics
443378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#48802 - 12/23/04 08:04 PM Re: Would this restore confidence, trust?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Ive been here a while as well, and I've seen some really vicous fights here in the past.
And many of us remember that we've had imposters, adults posing as young men, and perps. Sometimes they've been all rolled into one!

But we get over it and move on.

Quote:
I wonder if it would be possible for the moderators to post a message explaining what happened and what decisions were made since then (I understand you are still in the process of making those decisions) so that it will kind of put an end to this issue and we will all see the "lessons learned" from it.
Raphael, at the moment this issue is still in the final stages of being sorted, so we have to be cautious about what we say at the moment.
And even when it's all over it might not be entirely appropriate to describe the whole thing in detail.
But an explanation will be given, everyone desrves that.

Dave

#48803 - 12/23/04 09:36 PM Re: Would this restore confidence, trust?
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Well guys, I hate to break this to you, but this is NOT a problem that is specific to this site, abuse sites, support group sites or any other group of people. I have been involved in the computer industry...well let's just say for a VERY long time and was on the internet before it was the internet that our famous polician takes credit for (sorry for the dig, I dislike politicians all equally!). People have always misrepresented themselves. In fact, before the internet I was in printing and used to print junk mailings for people. We were using "marketing strategies" back then and though not exactly misrepresenting the client, certainly putting them in the best possible light! There will always be people who are not what they appear just like there will always be used cars that are lemons. You have to understand what you are dealing with on the internet. You are dealing with someone who is going to follow their own desire to be honest or not, with little to no chance of getting caught, and most likely no penalties if they do. We are anonymous, at least those of us who use the web to it's fullest potential can be as anonymous as we wish to be. Don't give out potentially damaging information to people on-line unless you don't mind it being spread about the entire world. I do not tell all on the internet, even on this site there are some things that are so private I would never tell anyone here unless we had been friends for many years and probably not even then. Some things I don't tell my family! I'm not saying we cannot support each other, certainly we can, but be aware of the potential for your information to be passed on for any reason or no reason at all. By the way I really liked the comment about showing your butt in group. It was a great visual and made me laugh!
Broken

Arnold Bennet

#48805 - 12/23/04 10:52 PM Re: Would this restore confidence, trust?
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Dear Bronco,

Quote:
If he had such concerns, why not alert the proper people? No. Instead he started the finger pointing.
As you so eloquently pointed out. There are proper channels (read moderators) to express concerns. I am confident the administrators and mods will work it all through. Peace, Andrew

#48806 - 12/24/04 02:08 AM Re: Would this restore confidence, trust?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
A number of people have had their access to forums and chat disabled already.
There is a possibility more will follow.

Dave

#48807 - 12/24/04 06:59 AM Re: Would this restore confidence, trust?
Aden Offline

This is getting way too long and sliding off point. I suggest a lock and restart back on point. Leaving out individual complaints and contending strictly with issues of moderation, censorship, and conflict resolution.

Aden

#48808 - 12/25/04 01:23 PM Re: Would this restore confidence, trust?
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I thought we were, evidently, you see it differently.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.