Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443083 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#48292 - 06/25/01 07:30 AM Dumb question
Anonymous
Unregistered

A friend of mine once said, "There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers." However, I've been wondering about something. I have noticed something about rating members. What is this about and why rate members? With all we've been through, we all deserve gold stars. (Or a Mercedes Benz.) \:D I haven't really seen an explanation of this, but am probably not looking in the right place.

#48293 - 06/25/01 07:52 AM Re: Dumb question
thunderbolt Offline

Loc: mi
i have not and probly will not rate on this system my problem is plain and simple, rateing to me is like telling someone that i like them but in the next second i need to distance myself from them so i dont lie to them like i was lied to it stole so much from me i dont wont harm from me to expand and scare others, i would think the rateing is like a comfort zone by numbers, the more comfort the more the number,,, my thoughts anyway,,,

#48294 - 06/25/01 08:17 AM Re: Dumb question
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
most likly it was just something to add, I agree though that we are all 5's for just getting here.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#48295 - 06/25/01 10:15 AM Re: Dumb question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering about the ratings myself and am uncomfortable with it. It occurs to me though that if someone posts nasty attitudes towards sexually abused men it might be useful to give them a low rating.

#48296 - 07/09/01 11:43 AM Re: Dumb question
thunderbolt Offline

Loc: mi
i have seem some where in here this is moniterd if we were here to insult or take things personal there would be no growth or learning,as far as some monster or pervert would like his world fucked i can do that too.....

#48297 - 07/09/01 02:19 PM Re: Dumb question
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
I dont have a strong opinion on the ratings but i noticed they are gone now, so someone is listening to what is said around here.

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#48298 - 07/09/01 05:10 PM Re: Dumb question
bosishere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nashville,tn,usa
I agree with So Cal John, somebody is reading what we write, maybe several people are reading our posts, but hurrah, they are gone. we can always use some good news, we DO NEED IT.

#48299 - 07/10/01 04:08 PM Re: Dumb question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Except that it seems to be hard to get to the discussion forums. If you start at the main page, you go to the "discussion" page, then hit "join". I understand now, but the first time was almost impossible to get here from there. (Sounds like getting around town with all the road construction!)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.