Newest Members
micro44, m75, scorpus, anitab, NEGuy
12700 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Reactor2 (60), ScooterSCS (34), USARMYMAN59 (56), WPB (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (toysoldier, Banjo596, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12700 Members
75 Forums
65305 Topics
456673 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#482511 - 05/19/15 12:45 PM Guided Imagery/Affirmations?
gaatt Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi y'all,

Has anyone come across some good CDs of Guided Imagery/meditation and/or affirmations that are helpful in recovering from Childhood sexual abuse? I'm curious because I'm using a tape for other health issues but haven't found anything specific to sexual abuse other than Peter Levine's Sexual Healing CD. It's well done and its more closely related to body exercises than guided imagery/affirmations. Just wanted to know if you'd come across anything else out there.

Sincerely,

GAATT

My Story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468661#Post468661

#482609 - 05/21/15 10:51 AM Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? [Re: gaatt]
Winhamness Offline

I'd be curious to find something like this as well.

#482681 - 05/22/15 11:58 PM Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? [Re: gaatt]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Gaatt:

Wendy Maltz's book "The Sexual Healing Journey" has a good list of ways to think about sex that are healthy. I'm not sure they are affirmations exactly, but they do help guide one's thinking in a good direction.

I think I have also found it true that an affirmation will work at moment when we are feeling vulnerable to beliefs about oneself that are holding us back. As scary as it can be, looking at what those beliefs are has been a good step towards finding solid affirmations.

Wishing you well at this crossroads,

FB

#482698 - 05/23/15 11:37 AM Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? [Re: gaatt]
Hanuman Offline

I have found Belleruth Naparstek Guided Imagery and Affirmation (CD)

http://www.healthjourneys.com/Store/Products/Healing-Trauma-PTS-Health-Journeys/19

- helpful in my search. She begins with "I declare my intention to heal myself in body, mind, and spirit."

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.