Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shyshark, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443325 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#48078 - 12/17/04 10:41 PM I hate having weekends off
Glen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
It gets really bad on the weekends when I am not working or have to much time on my hands. I know it sounds weird but I enjoy working 60 hrs a week. At least I am too tired to think. Anybody feel the same way? I guess I need to go back to the gym now that its cold outside.

#48079 - 12/18/04 01:43 AM Re: I hate having weekends off
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Hi Glen,

I have felt the same way, holidays and weekends were awful. For years I worked as many hours as possible. I was an ideal employee, always happy to do overtime, in early and leave late. For me it was a way to keep feelings and thoughts at bay, I felt like a hamster in a wheel, running fast and getting nowhere. When I stopped I felt empty and depressed. Looking back I think it was a better way to cope than some I could have chosen.

It started to change for me with therapy etc, I found it easier to face the things I was running from and now I feel like I donít have enough free time.

The gym sounds like a good idea, exercise gives me a lift when I need it.

Rustam

#48080 - 12/18/04 03:29 AM Re: I hate having weekends off
thmbks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Glen,

Same here, I work six days a week and up until about a year ago I held a night job (one which I did not need) Had to keep the mind busy. Everyone thouhgt I was nuts. Get to the gym.

Exercise is my only salvation right now. It works wonders for me.

take care, solo

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.