Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64148 Topics
447583 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#48059 - 04/13/04 03:53 AM Re: NAO EXPOSED
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Wow, what a thing to come back from Easter to find out! I don't know what to think "Heather." I hope you find yourself on the same roller-coaster of emotions that I was when I wrote to you in the chat room. I'm very new to the world of recovery. It's been a little over 1 month. I finally got to a therapist because of the good advice I got from this site. I still find this place to be a great inspiration to me. The brothers give me hope. How appropriate somehow that you were found out at about the same time that we were remembering in Church the betrayal of Christ by Judas who acted as if he were one of His followers and betrayed Him with a kiss. You say you are religious. You say you have faith. Faith is shown by actions, not just words. Christ said that the world would know His followers by the love they showed for each other. Think about that. Love does not hide its name. Love does not betray trust. Love is trust. Ask someone to share their story....that is what "Friends and Family" section is for right? Heck you could have just listened to the stories told by others and gotten the material you needed. You could have read the posts and the "abuse stories." Why the deception? There are more than enough books out there that have detailed de>
"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

#48060 - 04/13/04 12:03 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
If I had been so fortunate as to find a site like this when I was a minor (all those many years ago) and was emtionally able to access it, I would like to think that the people there would've protected the child-me by immediately referring me to a professional or professional therapist who dealt specifically with male childhood SA (which was also lacking then).

Even being surrounded by well meaning adults when I was a child did not insulate me from experiencing abuse or, while and after it was occurring, did not help me deal with it.

For a kid, just being here isn't enough and, I think, is of relatively little value at all. I think of it as triage. If a kid is hit by a truck, I don't suggest that a home care nurse is qualified enough take care of his wounds no matter how understanding and compassionate he/she is. Instead, I make sure that a licensed EMT takes him right to the Emergency Room at the closest hospital.

The EMT would find out right away if the kid was actually hit by a truck or was just faking it and taking advantage of a lot of shocked and caring bystanders in the mistaken belief that such behavior would turn him into a great writer.

#155451 - 05/10/07 09:27 AM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: gryffindor]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

For Robbie Brown and others who are experiencing much hurt of the recent decieving here, I thought I would 'bump' this up, so they could see that they are not alone in their feelings, and that their anger and upset, it is quite 'normal' to such a situation.

Andrei

#155516 - 05/10/07 04:11 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: ak]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Its not too hard to spot a fraud in this place, nor anywhere
else in our lives.
Liars are unable to be truthful, and nobody can create a life,
nor exist as somebody they are not,

ste

#155538 - 05/10/07 06:03 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: reality2k4]
Joseph25 Offline

Loc: Canada
Heather,

You stole the trust and time of people I care about. Many in pain dropped all struggles and put their own healing aside as a result of your selfish lies. What could possibly make you think you had that right!!! When you look in the mirror you might see a struggling author and actually believe the filth that spews from your writing. When I think of what you might look like all I can see a cold hearted lying bitch who steals all from everyone for her own personal gain. Though you claim to be a victim your actions have shown that you are now an abuser. If it isnít another lie and you actually believe in god - you must know he is as angry as me right now. Your excuses and justification are rubbish. I am sure if you approached the community honestly and with some grain of integrity there are people who may have helped you. I wonder if you can sleep at night now that you have shown you have no soul.

Edited by Joseph25 (05/10/07 07:22 PM)

#155540 - 05/10/07 07:00 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: Joseph25]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
I'm sorry. This one just makes me freakin sick and sad. How could she!

We take our recovery seriously. I know I do and many others too. HOW COULD SHE!!! HOW DARE SHE!!!

#155550 - 05/10/07 07:29 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: Still]
Joseph25 Offline

Loc: Canada
I havent been here for a week and just read this post. I was so focused on how I felt I just wrote it ...I am sorry for if what I wrote is triggering. I edited what was probably going to far.
Mods - delete the rest if not appropriate.

This site has been my crutch and light in dark times. One disgusting lady isn't going to change that for me.

#155572 - 05/10/07 10:52 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: Joseph25]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Another woman pretending to be a boy. Is this like some kind of half-assed fad or something?

I find it amazing that people like this, when they're exposed, like to admit this or that but always want to throw in something like "...but I really am a victim of child abuse, honest", as if that's supposed to be some kind of mitigating factor. The same way flaming racists love to say things like "some of my best friends are (whichever race, etc)." What are we supposed to say? "Oh, well that makes it not quite as bad. Sorry we got angry."

This latest person, dan17 or whatever, in parting mentioned that she "had a friend who was abused". Sure. One thing I've noticed, in my relatively short life, about liars is that they seem to think that if they're being honest about being caught in a deception - that is, if they're in the process of admitting to lying about something, any other infobits they choose to throw out in the meantime will be more credible because they're coming out during a moment of "honesty".

Maybe some people buy that; I don't. I think it's incredibly ironic, almost to the point of self-parody, to write a letter like "oh, I lied, I deceived and hurt you, I'm scum, I'm horrible, I'm so sorry - and by the way, such-and-such is completely true, I swear". It's ironic, because even if such-and-such IS completely true, you are STILL A LIAR.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#155573 - 05/10/07 10:55 PM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: melliferal]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Good point, Melliferal. A liar looses credibility pretty quickly.

#155602 - 05/11/07 07:02 AM Re: NAO EXPOSED [Re: EGL]
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
Guys,
Just a reminder, THIS post is three years old. AK brought it up from archives simply to help give some perspective on what happened recently with Dan17, et al.

This is OLD news. Don't panic. It's not a rash of imposters.

Paul

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.