Newest Members
scorpus, anitab, NEGuy, Adaylight, lookingforhealin
12698 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mitzi (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (thedudeabides, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12698 Members
75 Forums
65299 Topics
456629 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#479607 - 03/23/15 01:52 PM Parenting Forum - Another Bid
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1

If we had a Parenting Forum, we could discuss and explore any and all areas of parenting. Those who were parentED could share greatly as well. Parenting is at least 50% an influence as to how and why I attempt to heal and improve as a person.

Those whom have not become parents, are parents, wish to be parents, etc could all contribute significantly. EVERY man and woman on this earth has something of significance to offer regarding parenting.

Parents had roles in our abuse even if not directly. Enabling, ignoring, perpetrating, failing to protect, reacting badly, covering-up, poor parenting, great parenting, disappointing us, disappointing them....

#479610 - 03/23/15 03:32 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Still]
Nothing Man Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
And I once again endorse Still's idea -- I think it's a great one. How we survivors deal with our kids is of crucial importance and I think that having the opportunity to share strategies, successes and other stories would be invaluable.

#479612 - 03/23/15 03:37 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
I, too, would like to see a parenting forum. As a newlywed, the wife and I have discussed having kids. I believe having a parenting forum would definitely help me\us.

my story

my vlog

#479620 - 03/23/15 05:32 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Still]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
sure. why not? i like parenting, and i like talking about it.

a lot of my childhood issues are right there below the surface when it comes to how i prioritize my parenting. i was not raised, so i had to make it up as i went.

War
Love
Poetry

#479623 - 03/23/15 07:26 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Obi
As a newlywed, the wife and I have discussed having kids.

I will be SUCH a bawling puddle of happy tears when that day comes!

#479692 - 03/24/15 05:48 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Obi]
Nothing Man Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Obi, when you make the birth announcement I will be ecstatic for you! You will be a GREAT father!

#479694 - 03/24/15 05:58 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
thanks still and nothing man...

we'll see.. i've got soooooo many issues to work through first, but i do believe i would make a great dad.

my story

my vlog

#480038 - 03/31/15 06:11 AM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Still]
Luka Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi... I would be so grateful for a place to talk about parenting issues. How do we go about organising a forum for parents (and for that matter, figuring out relationship stuff as well)...

Luka Vaughan

Overcomer.
Author of "...and there was light" http://amzn.to/1CLkqBB

#480058 - 03/31/15 01:50 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Luka]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Luka
How do we go about organising a forum for parents

FIRST: We draft an introductory Bill...then:

Introducing the Bill and Referral to a Committee

Any member of Congress can introduce legislation. The person or persons who introduce the bill are the sponsors; any member of the same body (House or Senate) can add his or her name after the day of introduction as a cosponsor.

When a bill is introduced, it is given a number: H.R. signifies a House bill and S. a Senate bill. The bill is then referred to a committee with jurisdiction over the primary issue of the legislation. Sometimes, a bill will be referred to multiple committees. The bill is referred sometimes to a subcommittee first.

Committee Action: Hearings and Mark Up

The chairman of the Committee determines whether there will be a hearing on the bill and whether there will be "mark up." Usually, a subcommittee holds the hearing. Sometimes a bill is marked up both in subcommittee and then in full committee, but it can have action taken only at the full committee level. A mark up is when members of the Committee officially meet to offer amendments to make changes to the bill as introduced. After amendments are adopted or rejected, the chairman moves to vote the bill favorably out of Committee. The bill will go to the entire body if the Committee favorably reports out the bill.

Committee Report

The Committee Chairman's staff writes a report of the bill describing the intent of legislation, the legislative history such as hearings in the Committee, the impact on existing laws and programs, and the position of the majority of members of the committee. The members of the minority may file dissenting views as a group or individually. Usually, a copy of the bill as marked up is printed in the Report.

Floor Debate and Votes

The Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader of the Senate determine if and when a bill comes before the full body for debate and amendment, and final passage. There are very different rules of procedure governing debate in the House and Senate. In the House, a Representative may offer an amendment to the bill only if he has obtained "permission" from the Rules Committee. In the Senate, a Senator can offer an amendment without warning so long as the amendment is germane to the underlying bill. A majority vote is required for an amendment and for final passage. Sometimes, amendments are accepted by a "voice vote."

Referral to the Other Chamber

When the House or the Senate passes a bill it is referred to the other chamber where it usually follows the same route through committee and floor action. This chamber may approve the bill as received, reject it, ignore it, or amend it before passing it.

Conference on a bill

If only minor changes are made to a bill by the other chamber, usually the legislation goes back to the originating chamber for a concurring vote. However, when the House and Senate versions of the bill contain significant and/or numerous differences, a conference committee is officially appointed to reconcile the differences between the two different versions into a single bill. If the conferees are unable to reach agreement, the legislation dies. If agreement is reached, a conference report is prepared describing the committee members' recommendations for changes. Both the House and the Senate must approve of the conference report. If either chamber rejects the conference report, the bill dies.

Action by the President

After the conference report has been approved by both the House and Senate, the final bill is sent to the President. If the President approves of the legislation, he signs it and it becomes law. If the President does not take action for ten days while Congress is in session, the bill automatically becomes law. If the President opposes the bill he can veto it; or, if he takes no action after the Congress has adjourned its second session, it is a "pocket veto" and the legislation dies.

Overriding a Veto

If the President vetoes a bill, Congress may decide to attempt to "override the veto." This requires a two-thirds roll call vote of the members who are present in sufficient numbers for a quorum.

OR

The Board Of Directors can just make it happen.

#480059 - 03/31/15 01:55 PM Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid [Re: Luka]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Luka
(and for that matter, figuring out relationship stuff as well)...

Well for relationships with women, there's this simple manual:

For men....there were some notes someone scribbled once on a paper napkin. Not sure where it is though.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.