Newest Members
Weldon Sage, Mamadebski, CC Counseling, Alan Clammer, kristih335
12679 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
jj78 (37), kiva5 (56), NewMe (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, 4 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12679 Members
75 Forums
65142 Topics
455656 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#479016 - 03/14/15 09:25 PM a culture of disregard
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Veterans Affairs manager sent email mocking vets

There are too many VA stories like this. She needs to be publicly flogged!!!

SOURCE

#479018 - 03/14/15 09:31 PM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
iaccus Online   sad
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
yes, I agree, there has to be a time when a solution is found.

#479020 - 03/14/15 09:48 PM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
gramps=53 Offline

Loc: USA
she got found with her hand in the cookie jar but others haven't

#479028 - 03/14/15 11:30 PM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

The solution is simple. Burn the fkr down!

Fire every last one of the staffers. Close every facility. Re-build it with "not-bureaucrats" who don't have any damn guarantee of employment...who don't get to hide their lack of care and complete incompetency.

For my first 40 years, my WW2 father would not have anything to do with the fkrs. Now he has to give them a shot for some reason. Each and every time he needs anything, they fk up. And each and every time, he goes to his own wallet to self-pay in the private sector.

The VA is one of the worst obscenities of this nation.

#479033 - 03/15/15 07:32 AM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
Bardo Offline

Speaking as a 25 year veteran, I think both the problem and the solution are more nuanced than you portray. I have utilized the VA for various things, and find that there are many great people trying very hard to service an ever-growing population of veterans in need, with inadequate resources. There are also the career bureaucrats, who live in their bubble and just want the world to keep them comfortable. These we find in any institution that nurtures security over performance. The person in the "news" piece is clearly done. Her usefulness as a social worker is in the past and she needs to go away. Surrounding her are probably a number of caring professionals who are trying like hell to help our vets. Do we need change? Absolutely! Do we need to burn it down? Probably not.
As the battles raged higher

And though we were hurt so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

-Mark Knopfler

#479222 - 03/17/15 12:10 AM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
Agree with bardo.

one of our own survivors here on ms, Pete "moose" Corbett, goes to the local VA. He has received tremendous help. He has made tremendous strides in his own recovery from abuse because of the t he sees at the VA.

there is some corruption in the VA. However, there are also success stories as well and Moose is one of them.

fix the corruption, but praise the others there that are truly there to help our veterans.

my story

my vlog

#479245 - 03/17/15 09:16 AM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Obi]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Howdy, my fraternal brothers.

Sure all the wrongs with the VA system get most all of the press.

But, there are far more veterans whom are greatful for those faithful & caring persons.

I am one of them & they give me compassion, understanding & help with all of my physical & mental issues.
If it weren't for them & their compassion, i probably wouldn't be here today.

Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#479307 - 03/17/15 10:58 PM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

NOTE: The following entry is posted with no malice, anger, rage, or disdain. If you read such tones within this, its my fault, but not my intent. It is offered in calm exchange of ideas and positions.

When fixing a problem this large, the govt sector handles it with a tweek here and a mod there. And in the end, all it is is a fresh-painted piece of crap. (e.g.: Amtrak) Holy Mother of God! Amtrak has been under reconstruction for 40-years and it is still FUBAR with no hope.

That's why i like the dreaded private sector's methods. If you don't really fix it, you'll be so freakin dead, the coyotes wont even eat yer sorry carcass.

Any institution that can carry a societal pig like this woman HAS to be sick throughout its being. Can you fix a woman like this? Fk no. And all her peers around her? Can they be fixed? Probably not, and why should they be given the opportunity. They fk-over the most valuable and important people in this nation and don't give a flip.

The president of Chrysler just yesterday, halted ALL production of their two mega-muscle cars. Por Que? Because some dealers were making customers complete for the opportunity to buy one, as well as marking them up 50% over sticker. That's corruption. Shutting down the line...effectively scuttling the ship is the best way to stop the infection.

When GM restructured, they RE fkg STRUCTURED! They stripped the entire operation down to nothing, and re-built from the frame-up.

When something is systemically fkd, and that something id HUmungus (like the VA), it might be best to burn the fkr down and re-build.

Private industry does it all the time. That's why I suggest it here for the VA, as it kills me to see our finest people having to go through such shit.

#479374 - 03/18/15 10:41 PM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
As a Viet Nam two year veteran I disagree completely with your solution, which I feel is no solution at all.

Even though I was drafted and served the minimum number of years to be called a "veteran" I received treatment from the VA. Granted, it wasn't what I probably would have received at Walter Reid or the Mayo Clinic, but for someone with no insurance at the time, it was excellent. No doubt there are cases of piss poor care, but what about the thousands of guys and girls who have been helped and are well cared for.

I have no idea how many recalls and manufacturing defects have been noted since the GM re-structure. But I would guess there have been just as many since "rebuilding from the ground up" as there were before. Re-structure or re-building is no guarantee of perfection, or even near perfection.

My main concern, if your idea was taken seriously, is what happens to all those veterans while the burning is going on. And how long will it take from the time the burning starts until Congress acts to create a replacement, or decides to re-build.

The simplistic "Burn it Down" sounds like something someone who cares would say, until one realizes that only solves half the problem.

#479379 - 03/18/15 11:59 PM Re: a culture of disregard [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sincere question here:

What would be wrong about dissolving the VA and simply providing each Vet with the same gold-plated health insurance that Congress and all the governmental elites have? Why does there have to be this alternate healthcare universe for vets? The private sector kicks ass and takes names in healthcare.

I'm really not understanding the push-back on making things right for Vets' healthcare and long-term life care for the disabled. Why would anyone be married to a broken house of horrors?

The VA can't even provide adequate mental health services to PTSD sufferers returning from theater.

My ex-wife has worked her entire career in healthcare informatics. The quality control demands put upon hospitals and insurance companies are vast and strict. Medicare, for example, monitors every element of every point of care for every patient. If a doctor, a hospital or a supplemental insurer is statistically beyond quality control limits, there's serious financial hell to pay. The monitoring of all performance criterion is more than complete and current, its downright astounding in its depth of examination.

The VA has no such monitoring...nothing! They are accountable to no one, thus you see human pigs like this woman in the original story being allowed to wallow in her own filth-pen, fat and happy with all the benefits of government employment. If miss piggy had to endure the VA quality of care, shit would be very different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.